Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Dabangg 2= DAY 1. Dabangg was the only movie based on action and silliness which I liked. Rest all ranging from Singham to Ek Tha Tiger were crap.

Dabang was better in Hindi, the Tamil remake kinda sucked.

Similarily Tamil version of Singham is better when compare with the Hindi remake.

And Ek Tha Tiger, a silly movie!? i thought that it had a serious plot and tone to it. :fear:

Dabangg 2= DAY 1. Dabangg was the only movie based on action and silliness which I liked. Rest all ranging from Singham to Ek Tha Tiger were crap.

Dabang was kind of average for me. The only Salman khan movie which was really enjoyed was Wanted, watched it many times.

Heard chulbul pandey be based in a big city: Kanpur this time around. Can't wait !

Agreed with ambar there, dabangg is the only movie I liked amongst all the over the top action flicks that cropped up in the past ~2 years. Maybe cause it was the first among them or maybe cause salman khan's charisma coupled with good writing.

Heard chulbul pandey be based in a big city: Kanpur this time around. Can't wait !

Agreed with ambar there, dabangg is the only movie I liked amongst all the over the top action flicks that cropped up in the past ~2 years. Maybe cause it was the first among them or maybe cause salman khan's charisma coupled with good writing.

:fear:

All Salman Khan movies are just plain stupid. Singham was much better mindless pop-corn flick than all the salman movies combined. Dabangg was just an average movie but Ek Tha Tiger, Bodyguard, Ready are literally some of the bollywood's worst movies of all time. Ready is the worst of all, yet it earned 100+ crores while Gangs of Wasseypur wasn't even close in terms of earning :( Also, you guys hated Don 2 and liked Ek Tha Tiger :rofl: some nice taste you all have.

Edited by dante77
  • Like 1

Maybe cause it was the first among them or maybe cause salman khan's charisma coupled with good writing.

Yup. And also, nostalgia. After a very very long time, we have a movie which showed childhood of the hero, and he grew up during credits, like those 70s movies. And the background music was just awesome, a mix of cowboy and italian tunes, fitted perfectly with the tone. And the hero Chulbul, had the same mood throughout the movie, he was always badass, and when he cried, he was still badass. There was no over the top emo sh*t and some khaki and wardi ki shaan type dialogues which are so done to death. Also, there were no stupid side stories, like some fatty going nuts, or some mobile getting stolen, or some other random crap, which all other movies had. I am hoping they stick to the same formula for the sequel.

Also, I saw the telugu Rowdy Rathore, and it was much better than hindi version.

For me, Dabangg>>Wanted>Rowdy Rathore>=Singham>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ready>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bodyguard

Imo shawshank>gump>pulp. I am yet to see a feel good movie better than forrest gump.

For 'feel good' movies, I found 'pursuit of happyness' to be a much better movie than gump....and its based on a real life story (maybe with some cinematic liberties) !

For 'feel good' movies, I found 'pursuit of happyness' to be a much better movie than gump....and its based on a real life story (maybe with some cinematic liberties) !

Will Smith in that movie was superb. I teared up at the end where he tells him he got the job and he hands him that 5 dollar note

Even the son acted very well.

No movie this weekend? :ack:

Also, What are you guys planning to watch on Diwali period, Son of Sardaar or Jab Tak Hai Jaan? I'm presuming only this two are releasing and will occupy all screens.. Son of Sardaar looks more entertaining to me!

sab bakwaas lag rahi hai.... <_<

I am waiting for -

Life of PI

Hobbit

Talaash...

aur kuch nahhi dekhna iss saal....

Edited by Zodak™

al1SF.jpg

The poster that features the entire cast - Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel will be released on November 11, 2012. The trailer will be released on November 12, 2012 on their official Youtube channel and will go live in theatres alongside the prints of Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son Of Sardaar on November 13, 2012.

Edited by Heaven Angel