Jump to content

PlayStation vs Xbox vs Nintendo thread


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, bowser said:

What did I say? I just asked a question.

 

But by that logic animated movies, cartoons and comics are also only for kids. 

 

I understand you are interpreting the other guy's comment though. What's your take on Nintendo?

I was just kidding, since bowser and Wario are both Nintendo characters... Your usernames I mean. 

 

They're great, imo. 

If I had more free time and I wanted to get another console, it'd be a Switch. They're pricing is atrocious but they offer games no other platform does. It's just good business.

 

Honestly, Nintendo doesn't belong in this thread.

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

I was just kidding, since bowser and Wario are both Nintendo characters... Your usernames I mean. 

 

They're great, imo. 

If I had more free time and I wanted to get another console, it'd be a Switch. They're pricing is atrocious but they offer games no other platform does. It's just good business.

 

Honestly, Nintendo doesn't belong in this thread.

All good man! I just got slightly confused by the emoji earlier but no worries. I do agree sometimes their pricing is definitely.... "ambitious" haha.

 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

 

In what sense? 

 

If you talk about revenue, Nintendo is third after sony and tencent. 

When most people talk about games the default context is entertainment value. I noticed you're mostly concerned with sales numbers and revenue like you're the CFO of all 3 companies. 

 

58 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:


Do Nintendo peeps even want to be in vs thread? This thread is about making fun of systems 🤷‍♂️

 

Oh... If this thread is about pulling each other's legs that's fine. But people seem to take it very seriously :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, bowser said:

 

 

When most people talk about games the default context is entertainment value. I noticed you're mostly concerned with sales numbers and revenue like you're the CFO of all 3 companies. 

 

 

 

All your contexts, statements etc are extremely vague. 

 

How do you define entertainment value? Do you feel games like returnal, Spiderman, RnC, GoT, HFW etc are "lesser in entertainment value" than Nintendo's offerings. 

 

 

Who cares about what you have "noticed". Any simple research will tell you that sony (as on 2022) is indeed the biggest gaming company, no matter whatever you try to peddle here. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

All your contexts, statements etc are extremely vague. 

 

How do you define entertainment value? Do you feel games like returnal, Spiderman, RnC, GoT, HFW etc are "lesser in entertainment value" than Nintendo's offerings. 

 

 

Who cares about what you have "noticed". Any simple research will tell you that sony (as on 2022) is indeed the biggest gaming company, no matter whatever you try to peddle here. 

Wow.... No wonder this thread keeps getting locked all the time. You always read between the lines and make unfounded assumptions to fuel arguments. Where the hell did I say those games have lesser entertainment value? I'm sure they're amazing in their own right. I've heard a lot about them.

 

I merely said Nintendo has the biggest entertainment value in terms of broader appeal. PS and Xbox have excellent games but probably geared more towards the hardcore. Most people on forums are gamers and fall more towards the hardcore category. But the layman more often than not knows Mario rather than Kratos. The layman more often than not refers to any video game as a "Nintendo".

 

By the way, I don't care if Nintendo is the biggest or not (but you certainly do). My only point is Nintendo games are for adults as much as PS and Xbox.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bowser said:

Wow.... No wonder this thread keeps getting locked all the time. You always read between the lines and make unfounded assumptions to fuel arguments. Where the hell did I say those games have lesser entertainment value? I'm sure they're amazing in their own right. I've heard a lot about them.

 

I merely said Nintendo has the biggest entertainment value in terms of broader appeal. PS and Xbox have excellent games but probably geared more towards the hardcore. Most people on forums are gamers and fall more towards the hardcore category. But the layman more often than not knows Mario rather than Kratos. The layman more often than not refers to any video game as a "Nintendo".

 

By the way, I don't care if Nintendo is the biggest or not (but you certainly do). My only point is Nintendo games are for adults as much as PS and Xbox.

Zelda botw is the best game i played last gen, and I dont even like open world games in general. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bowser said:

Wow.... No wonder this thread keeps getting locked all the time. You always read between the lines and make unfounded assumptions to fuel arguments. Where the hell did I say those games have lesser entertainment value? I'm sure they're amazing in their own right. I've heard a lot about them.

 

I merely said Nintendo has the biggest entertainment value in terms of broader appeal. PS and Xbox have excellent games but probably geared more towards the hardcore. Most people on forums are gamers and fall more towards the hardcore category. But the layman more often than not knows Mario rather than Kratos. The layman more often than not refers to any video game as a "Nintendo".

 

By the way, I don't care if Nintendo is the biggest or not (but you certainly do). My only point is Nintendo games are for adults as much as PS and Xbox.

 

 

For the highlighted part- only designated bots make such vile comments. Any serious gamer would not consider Nintendo games as kiddy in any ways. Heck they are more complex than some games costing ~ $500 million from other companies. 

 

Regarding broader appeal- this can be debated. Switch sold in millions due to two reasons. First was the price and second was the form factor ie handheld. You can play full fledged aaa first party games handheld which amplified its appeal. Nintendo has first movers advantage in first world nations, no question about that, but so does sony (in 2022). In my personal opinion, golden days of Nintendo were gcube / wii era (in terms of variety and number of exclusives/FP games launched). Switch era is still not done so the jury is still out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

 

 

All your contexts, statements etc are extremely vague. 

 

How do you define entertainment value? Do you feel games like returnal, Spiderman, RnC, GoT, HFW etc are "lesser in entertainment value" than Nintendo's offerings. 

 

 

Who cares about what you have "noticed". Any simple research will tell you that sony (as on 2022) is indeed the biggest gaming company, no matter whatever you try to peddle here. 

 

Nice ...

 

3 hours ago, bowser said:

That's too bad I guess. Nintendo is the number 1 video game company in most parts of the world. Especially in their biggest markets North America and Europe. And adults are their biggest consumers more than kids. So Nintendo definitely knows a thing or two on what makes a good game.

 

Anyone who thinks Nintendo is for kids are missing out on some of the best gaming experiences available.

 

Bowser has very nice collection (congratulations btw).

 

But he has more Wii U s then there are games on the system. 

 

So we need someone "reasonable" to make this assessment.

 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:27 AM, bowser said:

I moved to a new house and completely revamped the game room compared to the previous one I posted last year! I've come a long way since I started this thread 5 years ago. It's been a fun journey. Met lots of people along the way.

 

I think this is my final setup. No energy to go beyond this. Gaming on a 120" screen with 5.1 speakers is really something else.

 

The room is closed with no windows. Proper man cave :D 

 

bqhHJqK.jpg

 

g3J9aCY.jpg

 

7zWDeU9.jpg

 

lWNTdZj.jpg

 

xQtKgsN.jpg

 

PLBPjHc.jpg

 

ws5xf7N.jpg

 

MporIwh.jpg

 

More close up pics of everything in the following link (contains some old pics from before the projector was setup): https://imgur.com/a/UBZWZsu

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bowser said:

Wow.... No wonder this thread keeps getting locked all the time. You always read between the lines and make unfounded assumptions to fuel arguments. Where the hell did I say those games have lesser entertainment value? I'm sure they're amazing in their own right. I've heard a lot about them.

 

I merely said Nintendo has the biggest entertainment value in terms of broader appeal. PS and Xbox have excellent games but probably geared more towards the hardcore. Most people on forums are gamers and fall more towards the hardcore category. But the layman more often than not knows Mario rather than Kratos. The layman more often than not refers to any video game as a "Nintendo".

 

By the way, I don't care if Nintendo is the biggest or not (but you certainly do). My only point is Nintendo games are for adults as much as PS and Xbox.

Before you reply to this guy again, know that he doesn’t own either a ps5, or an xsx or a switch. He just makes comments on the internet which are mostly stupid, nonsense and illogical at best 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Before you reply to this guy again, know that he doesn’t own either a ps5, or an xsx or a switch. He just makes comments on the internet which are mostly stupid, nonsense and illogical at best 

 

I own more consoles that cumulatively weigh more than your actual weight+ all the electronice items in your house together. 

 

I dont reply to you these days as I dont want to spend my time arguing to NooB bots like you. Dont make me rip you apart like I used to, again. Your ignorance is deeper than the mairana trench.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Before you reply to this guy again, know that he doesn’t own either a ps5, or an xsx or a switch. He just makes comments on the internet which are mostly stupid, nonsense and illogical at best 

 

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

 

I own more consoles that cumulatively weigh more than your actual weight+ all the electronice items in your house together. 

 

Keep it Civil both of you ! No personal remarks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...