Credit Card - Help & Recommendations

El Tigre Chino

17 minutes ago, Root said:

Axis magnus, SC Ultimate 

For now both of these are giving points on rent payments, although with Axis it's always a potential mail to CEO to get things done.

First check Cred, they are running an offer to waive off service charge on rent payments right now.

Next option would be Red Giraffe.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:48 PM, Root said:

I have missed the opportunity to pay rent using credit card for years. Which site/app would you recommend with cheapest transactions fees? 

Rent payments thru CC are slowly being charged by banks coz that can be used to take interest free loan of sorts…banks are slowly becoming aware of this and acting on it

On 9/30/2022 at 12:08 AM, dylanjosh said:

What's a good card for discount on book my show. I have icici and HDFC accounts

I would say any Visa Infinite card, that would give inr 300 or 500 worth of 2nd ticket free.

If you are looking for cards then there are RBL Popcorn (2 tickets free per month, if spent 5k in last month), IDFC Wealth (inr 500 off on 2nd ticket) or just go in BMS Credit Card offers and you will find all credit card related offers.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DinJo said:

With citibank going away I want to open a new bank account I already have hdfc as primary account which would be better option icici, Kotak? 

I have an ICICI account for last 20+ years. Never had any issue. Plus their mobile app is infinitely better than HDFC and Sbi I have used..

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

With citibank going away I want to open a new bank account I already have hdfc as primary account which would be better option icici, Kotak? 

I have both. Icici for about 15 years and Kotak for the last 4. Haven't had issues with either so far. The icici app is pretty robust and can get almost everything done through it. Kotak is decent too. 

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Been using ICICI for more than a decade now. Fuss free, great app (works for almost everything unless you need to get physical stuff done at bank). 

• Like 1

Is it worth getting a SBI CC just for deals? My wife has a debit card from them and they suck balls. 

for example: blocked her card for paying for a hotel past 1 am in the name of suspicious activity and now we have to write a letter & go back to main branch to unblock. :wallbash:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, sadge said:

Is it worth getting a SBI CC just for deals? My wife has a debit card from them and they suck balls. 

for example: blocked her card for paying for a hotel past 1 am in the name of suspicious activity and now we have to write a letter & go back to main branch to unblock. :wallbash:

Not sure about their unblocking process but SBI Cashback is currently the best if you want cashbacks on transactions

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Root said:

Not sure about their unblocking process but SBI Cashback is currently the best if you want cashbacks on transactions

I heard that HDFC Millenia is pretty great for online shopping cashbacks, anyone has the card?