Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

How did this even pass basic quality check ? 

Quality check??? that too in hindi movies :rofl:

I had no doubts and know that Adipurush will be a complete sh*t show

and honestly i have no idea why prabhas said yes to this

4 hours ago, KrIzAliD said:

Extraction 2 has some of the best camera work i have seen till date.

What a movie!!! Enjoyed it a lot and might be watching it again.

Highly recommended 8.5/10

Yup the pacing is excellent till the end of the Vienna scene and then the last 40 mins are rubbish

Just saw Kathal. A light-hearted flick with some funny moments. The Priyadarshan-style ending helter skelter scene was a bit too much, IMO!

Recommended, if there's nothing else to watch and if you're in the mood for a comedy based in a small town/village.

• Like 1

Saw adipurush with wife & daughter. First half of film is quiet decent, post interval the last 1 hour is just on the battlefield with crappy CGI and just random action scenes going on. 

The biggest problem with the film is the absolute lack of vision & creativity. The makers probably went in with no concept art or prep work before production & randomly took inspiration from Google images & hollywood movies, if they had looked for inspiration in some of our own artists & films. Dark characters are dressed in dark shades, laugh hysterically etc. The whole raavan's palace is also just a dark & dull  like some empire outpost from star wars & ravan even calls it sone ki lanka. :rofl:. even more disappointing is that they refer to it as Kuber's palace which ravan takes over. God of wealth who has all the gold living in this coal mine. Yeah Ok. 

The film is way way too ambitious for it's own good. Some of the live action CGI with mocaped characters is actually very good but then you have the last one hour where it's terrible.  Even endgame with its unlimited budget didn't try to do a 1 hour war sequence with complete CGI characters. Here there's hardly any scene in the movie where there are more 3 real characters on screen at once. A lot of the CGI shortcomings would have been solved if they casted more real people go act and not go full CGI 

Also no mention of lore anywhere. Why ravan doesn't touch Sita, why ram helps sugriv and not vali, who is shabri, why exiled, angad just joins sugriv, war at night etc etc nothing nothing. A lot of shortcuts taken. 

prabhas has less than 20 mins of dialogue in the whole film and for some reason has lost all the "glow & charm" that he had earlier on his face. Ravan looks like a chapri and even acts like one. 

some random observations that I made during the film. Ravan & family drinking from wine glasses. jambvan eating lollipop during opening scene (WTF). Nal & Neel acting like clowns when they're probably the smartest of vanars ( the film doesn't call them by name but it's easy to make out), vibishans wife looking like a witch, indrajits superpower is speed like flash & there a frame by frame copy  of the iconic shot from the first avengers where all the avengers come one by one & camera pans around 360°. 

If you want to watch it for lore skip this & see legend of Hanuman on hotstar

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw Flash. Found it to be a fun timepass movie. The beginning sequence is amazing. Really loved that. Kara was great, seeing Keaton Bats was great. Have some spoiler criticisms which I'll add in another post once i have access to pc. 

I really hated alternate Barry though. Right till the end. Wanted to punch his face. One of the worst protagonist characters in any movie I've seen till now. Just complete chutiya acting by Ezra Miller for that version of Flash. 

i 100% prefer Arrowverse version of the character over this guy any day

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

some random observations that I made during the film. Ravan & family drinking from wine glasses. jambvan eating lollipop during opening scene (WTF). Nal & Neel acting like clowns when they're probably the smartest of vanars ( the film doesn't call them by name but it's easy to make out), vibishans wife looking like a witch, indrajits superpower is speed like flash & there a frame by frame copy  of the iconic shot from the first avengers where all the avengers come one by one & camera pans around 360°. 

Dude... :rofl::rofl:

Went to theater after around a year to see Flash and it was worth it! I anticipated some cameos based on trailers but was still surprised by some, especially towards the end. 

Flash powers are shown properly which is a good thing. Also, the story is about multiverse and time travel, yet it stays coherent and non-messy. A well made Flash movie. Wouldn't call it best DC movie but it was great! 

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre on Lionsgate play. What a fun ride from Guy Ritchie, after a long time. It’s Guy-Ritchie-stylish, with Guy Ritchie character names, spot fkn on music, it’s funny, bad-a*s, sexy and has peak Jason Statham, peak Aubrey Plaza, and peak Hugh goddamn Grant. 
Some of the sequences are so, so good. 

Watch it. 8/10. 

11 hours ago, dante77 said:

Wouldn't call it best DC movie but it was great! 

Ya choice is pretty limited anyway :P

Edited by AtheK

8 hours ago, achilles said:

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre on Lionsgate play. What a fun ride from Guy Ritchie, after a long time. It’s Guy-Ritchie-stylish, with Guy Ritchie character names, spot fkn on music, it’s funny, bad-a*s, sexy and has peak Jason Statham, peak Aubrey Plaza, and peak Hugh goddamn Grant. 
Some of the sequences are so, so good. 

Watch it. 8/10. 

Hugh Grant was so amazing ! Also Aubrey Plaza just oozed sexiness. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hugh Grant was so amazing ! Also Aubrey Plaza just oozed sexiness. 

“That’s the most impressive thing I’ve ever seen a man do”. What. A. Scene. I rewatched it a couple of times. The meta-reverse fanboy-ism was so well done. Kind of like MKTA :rofl: 

The way they zoom into Plaza’s lips when she exclaims those action words, 🤤 and she’s so fun in the movie. “…. minus the tail” 

The movie arrests you right from the first marching scene. 

The only two things I didn’t like were the censored idiocy, and the movie was in stereo sound (!), on both Apple TV and Prime. 

WTF these dialogues 

Ramayan movie with these dialogues?  Lol.

You know its sad that best  Ramayana movie is Ramayana Legend of Prince Ram made by a Japanese film maker. Indians incapable of making good Ramayana movie :(

9 hours ago, Kazarka said:

WTF these dialogues 

Ramayan movie with these dialogues?  Lol.

You know its sad that best  Ramayana movie is Ramayana Legend of Prince Ram made by a Japanese film maker. Indians incapable of making good Ramayana movie :(

Still waiting for the 4K digital remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tDHKICVOM

• Like 1