The Playstation 5 thread

On 4/16/2023 at 5:01 PM, gecko89 said:

XPG S70 Blade 1TB, from MD computers, got it for 6950 INR. It comes with a heat spreader but I got a heat sink from Amazon for about 650 something, some brand named Zorbes.

hey, its been sometime you bought this, hows the experience?

thinking of getting the same in coming sale.

29 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

hey, its been sometime you bought this, hows the experience?

thinking of getting the same in coming sale.

No issues so far.

Running both PS4 and PS5 games(mix of single and multiplayer) off of the the drive, no issues or hiccups noticed :)

• Thanks 1

I never played MGS1 as I was just a kid during PSone era.

Plus there was no rampant internet accessibility to tell you what’s cool around the world.

There was a cool segment in MGS4 too that gave Psychomantis Nostalgia.

I hope MGS Remake/Reboot is in the works.

Playstation & Bluepoint are the best candidates to handle it & I hope Konami strikes a similar deal with Playstation like Silent Hill 2 Remake.

26 minutes ago, AnK said:

I never played MGS1 as I was just a kid during PSone era.

Plus there was no rampant internet accessibility to tell you what’s cool around the world.

There was a cool segment in MGS4 too that gave Psychomantis Nostalgia.

I hope MGS Remake/Reboot is in the works.

Playstation & Bluepoint are the best candidates to handle it & I hope Konami strikes a similar deal with Playstation like Silent Hill 2 Remake.

We have evidence that you are still a kid :rofl:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I can just cry & report you for spamming 

or for spoiling this thread 

or get personal for absolutely no reason 

But I won’t….& you know why. 

I just hope that your brain stays normal for next 10 years when you are nearing your 50’s :rofl: 

& by you I only mean you!!!

Not the others you usually tag along as “we” to make yourself more comfortable after the bad time you’ve had here for the last decade.

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Don't know where to post so posting here. This is so cool!!!! Not sure how much is actually true! People who played MGS can tell. 

All of it is true. MGS on PS used to f**k with the players. I think in the PC version, mantis will get pissed off that there is no memory card or controller slot to read/control :rofl:

• Haha 2

Don't know where to post so posting here. This is so cool!!!! Not sure how much is actually true! People who played MGS can tell. 

I remember I had it's first game for PS1 that came in 2 discs but I didn't like it. But this short popped up today! 

It’s all true, mantis also reads all the saves on your memory card, if you died or avoided the traps before fighting revolver ocelot and if you’re mem card is blank , mantis will tell that your good at hiding information 

MGS4 had 2 dialogue for if you did or did not have rumble feature on the controller and another one where ocelot says you no longer have to switch discs

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Not the thread for personal jibes

I remember I had it's first game for PS1 that came in 2 discs but I didn't like it. But this short popped up today! 

When the mantis boss fight happens in the game, your shots dont hit him as he is a psychic & can read your mind. You have to switch the controller from Port 1 to port 2 for him to stop evading your shots. 

He can also read your memory card and will tell you if u played any Konami game before and the tv glitches out as if there is a sudden power cut. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

When the mantis boss fight happens in the game, your shots dont hit him as he is a psychic & can read your mind. You have to switch the controller from Port 1 to port 2 for him to stop evading your shots. 

He can also read your memory card and will tell you if u played any Konami game before and the tv glitches out as if there is a sudden power cut. 

That's pretty cool for a couple of decade old game. 

Tiny little things like these have also contributed to Koji-God being Koji-God.

I played MGS1 on my PS Vita (back-compat version). And was blown away by the Psycho Mantis segment!

Man, I feel like booting up the PS Vita now... If it works, still. :fear1:

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Tiny little things like these have also contributed to Koji-God being Koji-God.

MGS2 and 3 are even better

MGS4 boss fights were great too imo.

MGS3 specially The End boss fight set the bar too high.

MGS5 was not really a campaign game per se….it was like a live service game turned into open world turned into episodic sh*t.

If it wasn’t for the gameplay which had been excelled over the years…MGS5 would have been trash.

Sony needs to own MGS asap before it’s turned into the next forgotten failed IP.

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

His boss battles have gone down the gutter ever since mgs4. Death stranding showed sparks of him being back to best so fingers crossed for ds2. 

MGSV was great. Or maybe the standards are so low these days considering how easy bosses are in AAA games. In MGSV, enemies felt like a real threat and I was scared out of my wits during boss fights. 

Up until the main campaign ending.

MGS5 boss fights were nothing great,

Quite boss fight was a nice “The End” touch but others I don’t even remember properly.

Haven’t played beyond the main campaign yet,so please don’t spoil 🙏

10 hours ago, AnK said:

MGS4 boss fights were great too imo.

MGS3 specially The End boss fight set the bar too high.

MGS5 was not really a campaign game per se….it was like a live service game turned into open world turned into episodic sh*t.

If it wasn’t for the gameplay which had been excelled over the years…MGS5 would have been trash.

Sony needs to own MGS asap before it’s turned into the next forgotten failed IP.

Sony will not own MGS IP and it will not be forgotten. MGS is doing what it's supposed to do for Konami still. That is - it's still serving as an excellent theme for Gambling Machines AFAIK. I think Konami is OK with there being no new MGS games (Or some random games) so long as the Gambling Machines are running. Also, I really don't think Kojima is interested in working on MGS again. MGS story is finished with MGS 4. BB story final links was finished with MGS 5 (I still think Kojima was forced to make MGS 5 and had no interest in it). Then there is the fact that Konami treated him horribly and he was made a virtual prisoner while working on MGS5 before being fired. All this is just my opinion, but I don't think he'll want to work on MGS and without Kojima, a new MGS is a waste.