The Playstation 5 thread

42 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Not to mention - as soon as you buy a PS5 and subscribe to PS+, you will get access to around 18 games - which includes many (not all) of the major exclusives of PS4. In addition to that there will be 2 PS5 games for PS+ as well - rounding off to 20 games. Considering PS+ is only 3000 Rs/annum (normal price, when not on sale) - it's well worth it

If you've skipped PS4, there is no point waiting. PS5 prices will not reduce drastically (maybe 1000 Rs here and there) unless they go for a Pro version or something after 3-5 years (But that is like skipping RTX 3080 because RTX 5080 will come in 3 years (That too in console case it's "maybe", not "guaranteed" - in other words, no point in waiting).

Yeah, i was ps plus subscriber back in the day when they had just introduced the service so i know how it works. It's come a long way now i suppose. If there is going to Pro version its very far away. These systems are pretty powerful already. Not as powerful as the current gen PC tech but still can hold their own.

You can also get PS Now for ~2.3k. It's slightly watered down compared to gamepass but has a bunch of good games, especially if you haven't played Sony first party games.

Edited by Shantz

Guys Guys Guys Guys :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

Pls stop until there is concrete info. Thanks.

Also, generally asking, since I skipped all of the PS4 games (sold my PS3 in 2014), and didn't play much on PC, I guess it's better for me to take the PS+ subscription right? And does this offer discounts currently or is it priced high?

2 minutes ago, kkapoorr said:

Also, generally asking, since I skipped all of the PS4 games (sold my PS3 in 2014), and didn't play much on PC, I guess it's better for me to take the PS+ subscription right? And does this offer discounts currently or is it priced high?

If you are into multiplayer, then you need PS+ anyways. If you are not, it may or may not be that useful since you can't acess past games so it depends on what they give in future. Also I've noticed that in recent sales, there were not many discounts for PS+ members explicitly. (Edited to add that you can still get PS+ collection though, which may still be good).

You can instead buy PSNow. It has a lot of good games from PS4 era that you may want to play.

Edited by Shantz

1 minute ago, kkapoorr said:

PS+ might get a discount for christmas sale, goes as low as 2100 per annum few times a year.

15 minutes ago, kkapoorr said:

Wait a minute. There's 2 different subscriptions? PS+ and PSNow? Can anyone explain the difference?

I guess I missed a lot last gen...

PS+ is needed to play multiplayer games online and as an added bonus you get 2 games free every month. Also, as a one time offer if you buy a PS5 and if you have PS+ then you get 18 PS4 games which you can play on your PS5.

PS Now is a subscription based games on demand model where games keep getting added every month - https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-now/ps-now-games/

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

Local retailer here said preorder starts 28th dec ... but he has been wrong about Xbox series x avaliablity multiple time before ...so.....

The sony centre guy I called up yesterday said the same he told me to call on 27th/28th that's when they are expecting to get some official info.

But I am sure they are all speculating.

• Like 1

So if the PS5 launches in January, how long do you think it’ll remain in-stock?

I have absolutely zero hope.
It’s so hard to buy this thing in US, UK even after a month since launch.
Unless Sony allocates a generous amount of units, this launch would make no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk