The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

9 minutes ago, AtheK said:

For the first time in the history of my life i am regretting turning down offers to move to countries like Canada, Singapore and Japan. This pandemic has just got out the worst from fellow citizens, what would government do, you can't have one policeman behind every single family in the country. People have equally failed this pandemic as much as the government.

Might as well take up the next offer when it comes around.

You had option to move to Canada and Singapore and you stayed here?

The Wire Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AtheK said:

For the first time in the history of my life i am regretting turning down offers to move to countries like Canada, Singapore and Japan. This pandemic has just got out the worst from fellow citizens, what would government do, you can't have one policeman behind every single family in the country. People have equally failed this pandemic as much as the government.

Now they will offer, but remote :|

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

You had option to move to Canada and Singapore and you stayed here?

The Wire Reaction GIF

Ya because i still am not sure if i want to move, even if made an offer today, I would still think multiple times. The family support i have here is tremendous, and same way the way i am support for my folks. Not everyone wants to move out.

4 minutes ago, Right said:

Now they will offer, but remote :|

Nope, you will have options open up soon, if you are good at what you do, they will now want you onsite more then ever then being remote. Give it a bit of time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya because i still am not sure if i want to move, even if made an offer today, I would still think multiple times. The family support i have here is tremendous, and same way the way i am support for my folks. Not everyone wants to move out.

Nope, you will have options open up soon, if you are good at what you do, they will now want you onsite more then ever then being remote. Give it a bit of time.

Take family with you. That is my plan.

Just now, Big Boss said:

Take family with you. That is my plan.

Nope, dad won't go and as i said i personally also don't want to go that much. Except cleaner air and better traffic control, nothing excites me about being abroad.

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

Nope, dad won't go and as i said i personally also don't want to go that much. Except cleaner air and better traffic control, nothing excites me about being abroad.

Those 2 reasons alone are good enough for me. My parents are also fine going there. By 2025 hopefully corona is gone and I am out of here 

1 minute ago, AtheK said:

I know what you mean. I also prefer shorter stints abroad. Life has its own perks in India apart from the support from family.

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I can already see it, with a few of our customers exploring possibilities of having some portion of the workforce on-site

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Those 2 reasons alone are good enough for me. My parents are also fine going there. By 2025 hopefully corona is gone and I am out of here 

I wish you and your parents a very good life :)

Just now, psinide said:

I know what you mean. I also prefer shorter stints abroad. Life has its own perks in India apart from the support from family.

I can already see it, with a few of our customers exploring possibilities of having some portion of the workforce on-site

Big perks, even i am good with smaller stints, can't settle in that place man, an outsider is always an outsider.

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, AtheK said:

You aren't alone.

For quite a while I was very bullish on India and Indian education, that's why I didn't take up my bachelor's abroad.

Also regretting not going for MS which would have made it miles easier to settle down abroad.

I will probably jump on the next opportunity I get, hopefully my employer provides an opportunity in future.

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

You aren't alone.

For quite a while I was very bullish on India and Indian education, that's why I didn't take up my bachelor's abroad.

Also regretting not going for MS which would have made it miles easier to settle down abroad.

I will probably jump on the next opportunity I get, hopefully my employer provides an opportunity in future.

Try buying a bike or a car in singapore, and singapore is a no go for me before it even makes to the list :lol:

Ok i guess we have digressed enough, but a good change from all depressing news on the thread.

Let the depressing news roll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I can only go for a holiday. not skilled to settle abroad. dunno what business to take up. dont even have the kinda money to just go there and then search what to do. :scratchchin:

Same, not in the skilled category and after doing business it's tough to go and work a regular job. Also I spent half my life in Dubai anyways, so I dunno if I want to move abroad unless I take my family along. My friend however has been pestering me to go to Dubai and start a cafetaria or a 7/11 style grocery shop. Who knows, maybe I will or maybe just go to my village and settle there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

Canada has amazing strip clubs :P

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Same, not in the skilled category and after doing business it's tough to go and work a regular job. Also I spent half my life in Dubai anyways, so I dunno if I want to move abroad unless I take my family along. My friend however has been pestering me to go to Dubai and start a cafetaria or a 7/11 style grocery shop. Who knows, maybe I will or maybe just go to my village and settle there. 

My UK wale tau is ever bullish for starting a shop in UK. Wanted to set me up with a sikh girl who's family would've bought me a shop too. Was too much of an idealist back then. Atleast i ended up doing something with my life. Not much but honest work.

• Haha 2

TBH if I had the opportunity I leave, apart from my mom and sis I have nothing tying me down here. I have extended family in Canada but they are massive wankers. So I' ll have to live alone.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

When I could go super easily, I didn’t want to.

When I wanted to go, then there were no good offers. Then I tried seriously 6-7 yrs back to get Australian PR but I fell short on points.

India was so liveable even until this March, in 2 months things have gone to sh*t.