The Coronavirus Thread Part 2

Big Boss

1 minute ago, dylanjosh said:

Waiting for announcement that we should wait 1 year between doses

It’s a foolish study 

it should be conducted on 3rd (booster) dose 

Idea is to protect ppl as fast as possible before more mutations kick in

& not wait a year for best possible efficacy 

Such foolishness is everywhere. I have been invited for many such things. My answer is always f**k no. As it is I get panicky if I see more than 2 people in a shop. BC my visits to market or store is a waiting game. Wait for it to empty a bit and before I can enter some 2-3 people will go in and then I have to wait again. Worst is when you're at the counter and pappu, chappu and all other pu's suddenly appear and crowd around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

CoWin set to go global, more than 50 countries keen on adopting tech, says NHA chief RS Sharma

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/cowin-portal-50-countries-interested-in-technology-covid19-coronavirus-vaccination-drive-1820375-2021-06-28

Damn

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Technology? He means phone app. 

The platform.

tech developed under digital India is something to be proud of. UPI is such a kickass platform which noone has.

And look at the amount of transactions taking place everyday.

7 hours ago, Right said:

The biggest problem world has started to have is that opinions how inane they may be, are considered part of FoS. You can just blabber anything and get away.

These types of examples indeed paint a bad picture but we need this aspect of FoS because if not then anyone can take offense and move in court to shut you down, there will always be people who will be against your opinion and for them your opinion will be inane.

We are already seeing that with the new social media rules, I won't name which party is doing it but they are shutting down tweets which speak against them or their leaders.

Social media just needs to manage these people better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Right said:

The platform.

tech developed under digital India is something to be proud of. UPI is such a kickass platform which noone has.

And look at the amount of transactions taking place everyday.

UPI & digital transactions are a game changer. Even in the interiors small shops are using gpay/bhim etc.  Even in our village which is at a remote place, more than half the shops are accepting UPI payments but no one has a CC machine. 

11 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

UPI via SMS, no internet required is under testing as well. That will really open this avenue further.

UPI is so convenient. Much better than even NFC cards. Plus direct debit from account, easy trackability. 

One misses on RPs, but the convenience makes up for it. 

"Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) has granted permission to Cipla to import Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine for restricted emergency use in the country as per the provisions of the New Drugs and Clinical Trial Rules , 2019 under Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940," a source told PTI.

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

This guy in March said we are in the endgame of Covid and PM Modi should be hailed as Vaccine guru . 

Atleast he is sending the right message now, just not him many said covid is over in feb also. 

• Like 1