God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

21 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Now, the question is, whether to watch the review videos or not!?

Don’t. 

I watched 2 mins of Skill Up and IGN reviews and I wish I hadn’t. 

Even though there’s no spoilers, it’s best experienced first hand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

:wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy: :wOOtjumpy:

The wait is getting harder!

Now, the question is, whether to watch the review videos or not!?

holy sheet holy sheet holy sheet !!! 

men, i have stayed away from everything except for the reveal trailer, am gonna directly experience this piece of epicness!!! Preordered already :wOOtjumpy:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pushy said:

holy sheet holy sheet holy sheet !!! 

men, i have stayed away from everything except for the reveal trailer, am gonna directly experience this piece of epicness!!! Preordered already :wOOtjumpy:

same same pooshy!! 

few days to go, our patience will be worth it. 

• Like 1

From DF tech review:

My main complaint here is that the quality modes don't offer as much of a leap as I'd have liked. It feels like there's a ton of headroom and this mode would benefit from something like ray-traced shadows, which are very usable and fast on this class of AMD hardware. In its current form, however, it's tough to recommend the quality mode.

also, Quality mode renders at a full native 4K while performance mode instead uses dynamic resolution scaling ranging from 1440p up to 2160p. On average, pixel counts reveal that it spends most of its time around 1872p. Moving into the 120Hz modes, the quality mode moves up to 40fps, with an 1800p to 2160p dynamic resolution window.

And as expected, we're mostly looking at a performance between 80 to 90 frames per second in most scenarios.

bottomline: They recommend performance mode on 60hz and 120hz displays both. No drastic benefit in quality mode. 

• Like 1

My recommendation for everyone HDMI 2.0 and 2.1 would be performance mode but without HFR and VRR. Without these 2, it would be locked 60fps and average 1872p which is good enough. But with HFR, it limits resolution to 1440p which might not be as sharp on big TVs as without HFR.

• Like 2