Is IVG forum dead?

diablo

5 hours ago, Pushy said:

the BGC continued it for a while, those were the days men.

BGC is still active in a different Skin:dwarf: Most of them are not active on the Forum but very active on the WhatsApp group.. we do 3-4 meet ups in a year..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KnackChap said:

This was the KZ 3 event. 

Identify puspa and win 3 nights at his balcony. 

this pic <3 where was this KC mah mahn :wub:

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Is he the one behind Sam?

galat jawab :puspa:

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Right of Sam, Red TShirt with Bag :puspa:

saat karod! :puspa:

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

BGC is still active in a different Skin:dwarf: Most of them are not active on the Forum but very active on the WhatsApp group.. we do 3-4 meet ups in a year..

thats good to know, peeps in Mum also were alive, but mostly were the football sessions. there's IVG discord, dunno about whatsapp tho.

6 hours ago, Pushy said:

this pic <3 where was this KC mah mahn :wub:

galat jawab :puspa:

saat karod! :puspa:

thats good to know, peeps in Mum also were alive, but mostly were the football sessions. there's IVG discord, dunno about whatsapp tho.

pppoooosshhheeee, you are such a garud bastard. I’ll throw your heart in the vale

• Haha 1

Enjoy the memories, people... These are from my FB which I had to dig through. Moar photos there, but who even uses FB these days.

IVG Football Meetup 2010:

lvixZoC.jpg

IVG Meetup 2010:

This was a gaming cafe in Bandra, behind National College that we went a few times. This was the first time. We had booked the entire place.

j9cOB4e.jpg

IVG @ Tote On The Turf, Mahalaxmi Racecourse - EA Special Invite Event:

This thing happened on the same day as the first photo that was shared earlier. Subah ye tha (EA event), and shaam ko, the other one. The other one was the Killzone launch or something in a movie theatre. - EDIT: Ignore this timeline. I've got it wrong. My bad.

ykofxXY.jpg

Playstation Experience 2010 (ignore the default digicam 2007 date):

mxXlS40.jpg

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

IVG @ Tote On The Turf, Mahalaxmi Racecourse - EA Special Invite Event:

This thing happened on the same day as the first photo that was shared earlier. Subah ye tha (EA event), and shaam ko, the other one. The other one was the Killzone launch or something in a movie theatre.

No bhai it happened on different days/year. The first picture was for kz3 launch party and mahalaxmi one was when they showed first SP footage of medal of honor happened in 2010

10 hours ago, KnackChap said:

No bhai it happened on different days/year. The first picture was for kz3 launch party and mahalaxmi one was when they showed first SP footage of medal of honor happened in 2010

Sh*t, I must've been confused then. I remember there was something on the day (or maybe a day before) of the KZ3 thing, so I couldn't make it for the KZ3 thing, but made it for the thing before it. :scratchchin:

Or, I'm just too old now.

On 11/21/2023 at 12:06 AM, Mysteryman said:

Though many old IVG members have moved on (i.e job, marriage, children, travel etc) PC/Playstation still has a community in India. 

This is true to some extent but the Erafication of IVG also was the reason for forum being silent now. Especially @piper with his nonsense policing and too many banning for petty reasons. Should have kept IVG the way it was from start. 

1 hour ago, Purana Khiladi said:

This is true to some extent but the Erafication of IVG also was the reason for forum being silent now. Especially @piper with his nonsense policing and too many banning for petty reasons. Should have kept IVG the way it was from start. 

The only & only reason this forum is dead is because of generational switch towards social mediums rather than blogging.

There is no other reason.

The new gen is interested in PubG,Fortnite,WarZone & interested to talk about it on Twitter,Watsapp instead of forums.

It’s not just this but pretty much every other forum is dead be it even IGN

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Purana Khiladi said:

What is Erafication? Are you saying IVG is like Resetera?

IMO I dont agree with you. Of course there should be some policing (as there are always crazy people around) but Resetera is way way worse. If you dont agree with their spectrum/extreme left views, you are cancelled/banned permanently. 

Edited by Mysteryman

12 hours ago, AnK said:

The only & only reason this forum is dead is because of generational switch towards social mediums rather than blogging.

There is no other reason.

The new gen is interested in PubG,Fortnite,WarZone & interested to talk about it on Twitter,Watsapp instead of forums.

It’s not just this but pretty much every other forum is dead be it even IGN

Gaming is an "expensive" hobby in India. Majority of Indian gamers play mobile games are they're more affordable and easier to access.

Also gaming is still seen as a hobby for "children" and immature for adults in Indian society. IMO the society is getting dumber with each new generation. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

IMO the society is getting dumber with each new generation. 

Can't agree more. There's no discourse left. There are no healthy debates. Either left or right. 

Also, lack of discourse is led by the old generation. New generation is busy on social media b

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

On 11/30/2023 at 10:19 AM, Purana Khiladi said:

Don't agree on this.

Policing was required and still is, I have personally burnt my hands by folks who want to sell their souls for mere Rs. 50/-. 

IVG is still better and professional, admins are considerate too. you should experience Tech Enclave. I find that forum governed by dumbest admins ever. 

20 minutes ago, diablo said:

Don't agree on this.

Policing was required and still is, I have personally burnt my hands by folks who want to sell their souls for mere Rs. 50/-. 

IVG is still better and professional, admins are considerate too. you should experience Tech Enclave. I find that forum governed by dumbest admins ever. 

Don't take him seriously. He just wants to troll endlessly and post same console war BS everywhere. That is his idea of an ideal forum.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Can't agree more. There's no discourse left. There are no healthy debates. Either left or right. 

Also, lack of discourse is led by the old generation. New generation is busy on social media b

I was listening to a podcast and it put it very nicely. The newer generation (social media generation) are now an extension of the medium they use. Example - Instagram: The minute they reach a restaurant they want to take 100 photos for their Insta stories/posts; their minds are constantly trying to find a good photo anywhere they go; Twitter - Constant need to argue with blunt aggression in real life just like they do on Twitter. Twitter is by far the most toxic of all.  FB - absolute cringe in real life and spreaders of false news. 

Obviously not true a 100% but pretty spot on with what I have experienced. 

Edited by SuperT

19 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Gaming is an "expensive" hobby in India. Majority of Indian gamers play mobile games are they're more affordable and easier to access.

Also gaming is still seen as a hobby for "children" and immature for adults in Indian society. IMO the society is getting dumber with each new generation. 

It always was.

But we had a lot of hardcore gamers buying expensive stuff back in the day.

Privileged kids used to spend a lot of money on these things…..but now who can mostly spend time on games like GTAOnline,PubG,WarZone/COD,Fortnite,Fifa & stick to their own social circles for Multiplayer & discussions.

I don’t see anyone 20-30 getting excited for stuff like Diablo or even God Of War anymore….

Those were things that kept forums & blogging alive.