Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Another description

The Guardians of the Galaxy are flying around. “Put on your mean faces,” Star-Lord says, because he expects something nasty. There has been crazy destruction, and then a body smashes up against their ship. “Get it away,” Rocket says. They bring the body in and it’s Thor. (Spoilers for Ragnarok, we guess?) Mantis wakes him up and Thor jumps up and exclaims “Who the hell are you guys?”

Next we see the Guardians with Thor, flying to another planet, and when they arrive—again, it’s just massive destruction again. They all know something is very wrong.

Cut to Earth. Scarlet Witch is moving around some cars or something and a female voiceover says “Death follows him like a shadow.” Loki emerges and presents the Tesseract to someone who is taller than him.

Cut to Queens and the hairs on the arm of a young Peter Parker stand up on end. He turns around in fear and we see a ship flying toward a planet we assume is Earth. “We have one advantage,” Tony Stark says. “He’s coming to us.” As the ship crashes, we see Mantis, Iron Man, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, and a few others characters in total shock.

“Fun really isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe,” a voice says. Gamora turns around in total horror. “But this puts a smile on my face.” Star-Lord: “Oh no.” And out of a black hole emerges the purple madman, Thanos.

A fight begins. Doctor Strange is putting down platforms and Star-Lord is jumping off them, shooting his guns. Cut to Spider-Man, jumping through the air. A shot of Vision behind bars. A shot of a Wakandan army which includes Bucky. Captain America comes out of shadows with a full beard. Black Widow is shown with blonde hair. Iron Man has new, very sleek armor. Someone is using the Hulkbuster armor. Just a huge montage of shots.

Peter Parker is on the ground very hurt. “I’m sorry Tony,” he says behind tears with Iron Man holding his head. Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes. Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon. He starts to drag it toward whatever planet everyone is standing on. The debris starts to fly and... cut to title card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Planet of Apes was a waste of time. Boring slow movie with too much emotional crap. f**k the critics.

even the second movie had quite a bit of emo crap thrown in .... but i felt it kinda fresh with the ape-language and everything .... the first one was the best, the second just takes itself way too seriously and looks like third is just more of it.  Anyway, thanks for letting us know, would definitely be skipping it !

Yeah avoid it. It's a boring movie. Heck I feel even Transformers had some entertainment value compared to this crap. So glad this was also $4 T-Mobile offer else I would have been mighty pissed if I had spent full money on this.

It had nothing. Everything happens so conveniently. And that comic relief character was so out of place. The movie makes no sense. It has 0 logic. The villain is pathetic. The writers completely lost the plot. It seemed like they had no idea what to show so they just made sh*t up. I usually don't apply any logic if the movie is made with that approach, like comic book movies, mindless monster movies etc, but this series since reboot was very grounded in reality so i never expected it to be this terrible writing wise.
I could write it all down but this guy on GAF summed it up. Massive spoilers:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=243568936

Infinity War ka trailer post karo koi please 

Chacha disney main nahi hai kisi k yaha.. trailers not released yet.. all the descriptions are from disney expo..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just came back from War for the Planet of the Apes. This was an absolutely spectacular piece of cinema for this year. Matt Reeves, you sir have earned a new level of respect. By the title, I figured this would be an all out war, but it was something different; something very valuable. It's a good thing I didn't watch a single trailer for this movie. Perfect pacing, extremely emotional story, fantastic performances & a dam good OST to boot. Visually, this movie just makes you appreciate the attention to detail provided to the locations; it's mesmerizing. Go watch it guys, hell, watch it twice. 

Someone quickly sign this director up for 'The Last of us' movie. Matt, without a shadow of a doubt, would make the perfect choice to direct a movie based on this game. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

planet of apes is a movie that somehow missed my radar, i will need to start getting them from movie 1 and then see them all through someday.

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

It had nothing. Everything happens so conveniently. And that comic relief character was so out of place. The movie makes no sense. It has 0 logic. The villain is pathetic. The writers completely lost the plot. It seemed like they had no idea what to show so they just made sh*t up. I usually don't apply any logic if the movie is made with that approach, like comic book movies, mindless monster movies etc, but this series since reboot was very grounded in reality so i never expected it to be this terrible writing wise.
I could write it all down but this guy on GAF summed it up. Massive spoilers:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=243568936

Yup i was suprised by Awesometacular rating by Jeremy Jahns. I gave it a 7/10.

Lol it's at 94% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Is rotten tomatoes everything to you..? forget that.. this guys are talking about the reviews posted here by fellow members.. you can see how contrasting they are..

5 hours ago, sobbii said:

Chacha disney main nahi hai kisi k yaha.. trailers not released yet.. all the descriptions are from disney expo..

Snake aur Archit react toh Aise kar rahey the jaise pata na kya dekh liya ho. Lol 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Snake aur Archit react toh Aise kar rahey the jaise pata na kya dekh liya ho. Lol 

Just posting other's opinion. Can't fault them though that movie is HYPED AF

• Like 1