~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Man,. Peacemaker is tits ! :lol:

And the intro ? So good. 6 episodes done, never forwarded it once. So good. 

Final episode has amazing cameos. Watch it before it gets spoiled.

15 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Is there anyone else worth watching Peacemaker for ? Is it all just some Z-tier characters? 

I am on third episode and the damn show is hilarious. John Cena may have a future in acting after all. Forget about the A-list characters, the show does very well with whatever characters there is.

Completed series finale of 'Bosch' on prime video yesterday, and man, what a series it was.  Truly one of a kind these days. No sophisticated labs with beakers of fumes, no clever IT nerds who are able to place together impossible pieces in a jiffy, no jingoistic heroes etc.  It's a hard boiled police procedural drama and if it was any more realistic, it would be a documentary i guess.  The cops here are not brilliant/handsome intellectuals, but troubled/defective human beings with their own personal problems who wade through the labyrinth of politics/bureucracy to get their job done. 

Having said all the above, i would say it's not for everybody.  Each season has multiple storylines ongoing in parallel and sometimes the viewer might feel a bit put off with the slow pace and the multitude of characters the show throws at the viewer.  It's more for fans of shows like the wire / line of duty where procedures take precedence over drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

Completed series finale of 'Bosch' on prime video yesterday, and man, what a series it was.  Truly one of a kind these days. No sophisticated labs with beakers of fumes, no clever IT nerds who are able to place together impossible pieces in a jiffy, no jingoistic heroes etc.  It's a hard boiled police procedural drama and if it was any more realistic, it would be a documentary i guess.  The cops here are not brilliant/handsome intellectuals, but troubled/defective human beings with their own personal problems who wade through the labyrinth of politics/bureucracy to get their job done. 

Having said all the above, i would say it's not for everybody.  Each season has multiple storylines ongoing in parallel and sometimes the viewer might feel a bit put off with the slow pace and the multitude of characters the show throws at the viewer.  It's more for fans of shows like the wire / line of duty where procedures take precedence over drama.

Thanks for the nudge. Always felt like watching it, but gave up due to generic premise. 

40 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Thanks for the nudge. Always felt like watching it, but gave up due to generic premise. 

It's based on the books by Michael Connelly, i think each season is a mish mash of some 2-3 books.  

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Do a binge if you start it. It's something which you may love in continuation as it's quite subtle and understated in its police work. Premise sound generic but acting and direction is top class which sets it apart. Quite different from the usual procedural crime shows. 

On 3/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, b!T said:

I am on third episode and the damn show is hilarious. John Cena may have a future in acting after all. Forget about the A-list characters, the show does very well with whatever characters there is.

is it on any of the streaming services?

22 minutes ago, North said:
Have read the book - Dark Matter is an absolute mind bender page flipper.

With Crouch himself at the steering wheel, this is gonna be a smash and I can't wait. :wOOtjumpy:

Awesome news! Loved the book and if done right, gonna love the series as well.

52 minutes ago, b!T said:

Awesome news! Loved the book and if done right, gonna love the series as well.

Yep! He's very much involved with the show - unlike Wheel of Time - so should be good. Plus I have more faith in Apple TV+ shows.

Have you also read Recursion? His next book, Upgrade comes out in July. I was sent a review copy by the publisher, very promising indeed.