~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 1/1/2022 at 3:16 AM, Joe Cool said:

Done with season 4. That was very entertaining. Like 8/10 level with good pacing, good fights, good references, a good amount of laughs too. 

Some thoughts:

Hide contents

Glad Tory won but also not happy that the ref got bribed. This will haunt her next season and Sam getting a clean win will suck. :/

Was rooting for Robbie to win clean but didn't happen. He is leagues above and should have won easily. The fight was fantastic at least.

Tired of Sam love crap. Sam in general sucks. Her character is shite and brings Miguel down so much it is tiring to see. Going to be another season of I lost sad crap from her. 

Tory and Sam's stuff need to over already. Super repetitive. 

Miguel got done dirty and the whole dad stuff felt forced.

Needed more karate and training. The new characters needed some development too but only Kenny had some scenes while the other 2 didn't.

Silver was amazing as the antagonist. Didn't see the ending coming but sets up well for next season.

Kreese change of character and team up with LaRusso/Johnny??? 

The bet felt weird with going from Cobra Kai loses and shuts down or wins and opens season for new kids to whoever loses shuts down. But then Daniel just decides to break the agreement and now wants to continue again. 

Still a very good season. Sucks having to wait for another year for season 5. 

Another good season of Cobra Kai. Though i prefer the earlier seasons.

Spoiler

They are absolutely building towards Sam turning to the dark side in the next season. Unfortunately them being the 2 girl fighters on the show their arc just revolves around each other. Glad tory got a better story line this season was tired of her same psychopath shtick the past 2. Sam still sucks unfortunately. 

Going to Mexico felt forced but the drunk Johnny and Miguel scene was very powerful. Best Xolo has ever been on the show. I hope he is in top form for the next season.

I hope they don't go with a Kreese redemption arc. He doesn't deserve it.

Yeah agreed with the bet I think it would have been fine if 4th was the last season and Cobra Kai shuts down and the kids graduate to college but now it is weird to have Daniel of all people break a bet.

At the end I am glad Hawk won he embodied being in balance with oneself, technical fight skills only matter so much in a fight. That's literally how the first Karate Kid ended too. A much less experienced Daniel taking out a hot head who is conflicted Johnny. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Btw just checked. The show is based on Dopesick by Beth Macy. 

There are many books on Purdue. Company has f**ked up so much that you can't go wrong with any ! :lol:

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

There are many books on Purdue. Company has f**ked up so much that you can't go wrong with any ! :lol:

And they literally haven't faced any repercussions till now. This is pretty much a mirror image of the 2008 crisis except much worse and the damage is going to outlast the company and everyone employed by it. 

We need someone with balls to make something like this for India. I'm sure we also have scandals like this which just never go reported. 

On 1/3/2022 at 3:31 AM, b!T said:

Dexter episode 9. Loved it and can't wait for the finale.

That trophy room..damn chills. The scene after that too. Bone chilling. 

Really going to miss Dexter once this is all over. What a crazy character. 

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I so wish we can get another season though it isn't planned. Even Harrison has grown on me these last 2 episodes. 

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Very true. Never thought I will be rooting so much for a serial killer :lol: That trophy scene was unsettling yet bloody brilliant.

A confession.

Such a compelling little mini series. 
Martin freeman again plays a very understated role without any over the top outbursts. I like the fact they focused mostly in the facts as this is based on a true story and at the end of final episode we get to see the real characters involved. Also shows how no justice system is fully correct in its procedures.

• Like 1

The Wire is such a good show. Completed season 5 after trying to really strech out the show and now I feel like it's left a slight void.

Really good characters & such good storytelling. One of my top 5s.

Omar comin

MCH is still amazing but I wish the finale was different. 

Spoiler

This feels like the worst possible ending. Not because of Harrison killing Dexter but the whole buildup in the finale was super rushed. Dexter had to face justice eventually or die but this is a cheap way to do it. Needed some more episodes.

There was no reason for Dexter to kill Logan. Why even try to escape at that time? The evidence to that point was super thin and Angela would have gotten over it after seeing Kurt's basement. 

Harrison is flipping switch because Logan is dead.

Angela coming up and connecting all dots with just Google search is ridiculous. 

No face to face with Batista. Why even show him and say I'll be there first thing in the morning? We needed this face to face. 

The aftermath of Kurt Caldwell and his doings is not shown.

Whatever happened to that billionaire guy.

Trying to make Harrison look like a saint was meh. No way that kid is going to be normal. This pretty much sets for a future spin-off or some shite.

That said, enjoyed the show very much. It is what it is in the end. Was nice to see MCH back. He still go it. 

• Like 2