The Playstation 5 thread

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox 360 probably the best in history isn’t it?

No not really! It's a very good console, but if you're looking at the absolute best in history - that influenced almost all gaming to this day - then you're looking at the SNES or the PS2. Almost every genre started in these 2 consoles and are continuing to this day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Xbox 360 probably the best in history isn’t it?

Nope.

Only for Xbots maybe…..but then they still consider Xbox to be the “market leader” & “winning” so yeah their opinions don’t count.

360 was great for first 3 years but then most of those games came out on PS3 & it kept repeating Halo/Gears/Forza over & over.

Also lied tongue & cheek about Kinnect capabilities.

In the end PS3 was a better option even in that gen & it rightly outsold 360 by some margin.

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

No not really! It's a very good console, but if you're looking at the absolute best in history - that influenced almost all gaming to this day - then you're looking at the SNES or the PS2. Almost every genre started in these 2 consoles and are continuing to this day.

Yep, SNES or PS2.

If there is any console that can outdo PS2 it’s this one.

We’ll have to see for another 5-6 years.

It has the best possible & promising first few years so far!!

Also I really want to have @triggr happy ss & the crow sitting in his mouth to invade each of the PS content with their thoughts till the very end!! :rofl: 

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

SNES and Mega Drive, probably the two best home consoles that competed with each other at the same time.

Pentiment from Obsidian Entertainment, a truly unique, critically acclaimed, and award-winning narrative adventure game with a striking visual style inspired by history itself will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch on February 22.

Hi-Fi RUSH, the award-winning and beloved rhythm-based action game where the world syncs to the music from Tango Gameworks/Bethesda Softworks will be coming to PlayStation 5 on March 19 at midnight UTC, with pre-purchase available on PlayStation 5 digital storefronts on February 21.

Grounded – also from Obsidian Entertainment – a co-op survival adventure phenomenon that has welcomed 20 million players into the backyard, will be coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch on April 16. Cross play will be supported across Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Sea of Thieves, the shared world adventure game from Rare, will be coming to PlayStation 5 on April 30 – and will be available to wishlist by PlayStation 5 players starting tomorrow, February 22. Having built a passionate community of more than 35 million players from around the world, the support of cross play for Xbox, PlayStation and PC will allow players to experience epic pirate adventures with friends on more platforms.

Jimbo's advice to successor:

After Ryan departs, Hiroki Totoki, Sony’s president and chief operating officer, will step in as interim CEO of SIE effective April 1. Ryan says he has full confidence in Totoki’s leadership and won’t second-guess Totoki and Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida’s choice as his ultimate successor. He shares one piece of advice for the new PlayStation boss, which he contends must remain the “cornerstone” for SIE: “Never forget that we’re an entertainment business. … If we continue to entertain, delight and surprise our community of gamers, I think Totoki-san and whoever follows him will be just fine.

https://variety.com/2024/gaming/news/playstation-jim-ryan-ceo-sony-1235917687/

Rebirth review :wOOtjumpy:

Day 0. GOTG

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is the Final Fantasy game we've been waiting for for more than two decades- a legitimately stellar game with no caveats holding it back, a game that captures the grand scope and flair of the series' older entries, a game that does all that while also pushing the series forward in bold ways that will stand the test of time. The hope of a new Final Fantasy game that can do what the lower development costs and cycles of prior years allowed the series' older instalments to do has looked increasingly out of reach as time has gone on, but Rebirth checks all of those boxes with such staggering conviction, confidence, and panache that it's hard not to be left wondering how it was even made possible- and with a relatively short development cycle of just four years, to boot.

Final Fantasy rocks man. I played 1000hrs all games in the series combined.

Edited by zoord

As I said this system just can’t catch a break!!

Or rather it won’t let it’s owners catch a break!!

With the first half like this I think this system is the only one that can come close to the PS2 in terms of quality….sales would be very difficult because of era difference.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

As I said this system just can’t catch a break!!

Or rather it won’t let it’s owners catch a break!!

With the first half like this I think this system is the only one that can come close to the PS2 in terms of quality….sales would be very difficult because of era difference.

But but PS5 have no games.. 

Sony have zero games... till March 2025..

All these lame post.

I am gonna play Rebirth like you eat an icecream. I am gonna enjoy every second of my FF7 Rebirth play through.