The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Not as intense all the time like the first one.

it’s significantly more intense than part 1 on higher difficulties especially some areas are so incredibly large and so many

almost unending number of enemies which maintain high pressure on player for a long time 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I mean in terms of the pacing there is a lot more downtime. The game definitely throws a lot more enemies at you that too from all sides with all the verticality and vast levels. 

Diverting from the topic - you should definitely try higher difficulties in games generally

at lower difficulties, games come off as movies 

games are supposed to come off as “interactive” entertainment where higher difficulties add to the engagement/immersion/intensity 

for example, we can watch full playthrough of every game on YouTube, then why do we buy games and play? For the interactivity which is a heightened experience at higher difficulties 

14 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Diverting from the topic - you should definitely try higher difficulties in games generally

at lower difficulties, games come off as movies 

games are supposed to come off as “interactive” entertainment where higher difficulties add to the engagement/immersion/intensity 

for example, we can watch full playthrough of every game on YouTube, then why do we buy games and play? For the interactivity which is a heightened experience at higher difficulties 

Returnal says Hi. (though you can't select difficulty in game) 

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Spoiler

Heavy-Rain-Cover-Art.jpg

24 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Games are still "interactive" even if it's being played on a lower difficulty.

Is the experience different, yes. But there are many who do not want to go through the 'hassle' of mastering the game completely as time is limited for most working folks, like me.

:cry:

I remember replaying a section of TLOU2 on Easy to get some photos after having completed the game on Hard/Survivor. And man, I felt like I was the f**king Terminator while playing the game. Enemies were shooting me left and right and it was barely denting my health. I could just run up close to everyone and kill them. All the tension, which added so much to the gameplay, was lost.

People are of course free to play however they want and I understand that most have time limitations as well, but IMO the experience feels heavily watered-down in games like TLOU2 at least.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

17 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I remember replaying a section of TLOU2 on Easy to get some photos after having completed the game on Hard/Survivor. And man, I felt like I was the f**king Terminator while playing the game. Enemies were shooting me left and right and it was barely denting my health. I could just run up close to everyone and kill them. All the tension, which added so much to the gameplay, was lost.

People are of course free to play however they want and I understand that most have time limitations as well, but IMO the experience feels heavily watered-down in games like TLOU2 at least.

same for games like doom eternal and god of war 2018 etc - they are massively different at highest difficulties 

Playing games at higher difficulties does not mean showing who has the bigger dk but it’s about experiencing ALL that the game has to offer, basically getting maximum “game” per rupee - full paisa vasool

people who don’t have enough time can stick to less games of highest ratings and spend more quality time with less but higher quality games - maximum value per time 

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

The easier difficulties are there for people who are not adept at gaming. For example, a friend of mine has just started playing games. If there wasn't an easy mode she couldn't play at all. If she were to play TLOU2 on easy, the atmosphere and tension would be the same because she is so new to gaming, mastering 3-4 button clicks simultaneously is a huge challenge. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hussain said:

The easier difficulties are there for people who are not adept at gaming. For example, a friend of mine has just started playing games. If there wasn't an easy mode she couldn't play at all. If she were to play TLOU2 on easy, the atmosphere and tension would be the same because she is so new to gaming, mastering 3-4 button clicks simultaneously is a huge challenge. 

Yeah, that's also true. Can't argue against that.

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

same for games like doom eternal and god of war 2018 etc - they are massively different at highest difficulties 

Playing games at higher difficulties does not mean showing who has the bigger dk but it’s about experiencing ALL that the game has to offer, basically getting maximum “game” per rupee - full paisa vasool

people who don’t have enough time can stick to less games of highest ratings and spend more quality time with less but higher quality games - maximum value per time 

Or simple play normal/ one step above normal level. 

Ps- these days some games don't give you options to choose difficulty, but set it according to your skill levels. 

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Which difficulty level is the most challenging ?

Edited by hazard12345

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Ps- these days some games don't give you options to choose difficulty, but set it according to your skill levels. 

I used to play on hard,  but now I've switched to normal,  mainly because it saves a lot of time 

Anyway if I need  an  intense gameplay I have always got soulsborne for that,  and that's more than satisfying 

5 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Never played GoW on Give me god of war because im not that good , or dont wanna get good at that. But then i also played demon souls. So i think its more of a personal choice on game to game basis

1 hour ago, hussain said:

Same for my cousin, no way he is beating a game on normal . He plays on easy and litreally enjoys every minute of it. Currently playing it takes two and he loves it.

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, that's also true. Can't argue against that.

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

I always play one step lower from hardest difficutly. Only game i played on Max Diff was Mafia Definite edition. That stupid race almost killed me in frustration lmao XD

13 hours ago, hussain said:

I agree. 

My wife plays games on easy too. She finished all the Uncharted games, TLOU and other PS exclusives in this way. She even played Witcher 3 to some extent, but then the vastness of the RPG mechanics and complicated gameplay was abit too much for her. We also play diablo 3 and other couch cop games together, but because of her, I play these game in normal while co-op...because it's nice to share a hobby and spending good time rather than making the game more 'challenging' and 'stressful' for the partner.

The easy mode in the games are for people who are not much into gaming, or doesn't have that good of a coordination of hand eye, or simply can't take that much of stress while doing a hobby that suppose to be entertaining.

For some people, hard mode is entertaining, and worth the money. For some it's not. Simple as playing sports on ground. Some gets their dopamine and adrenaline effect from pressure, and welcomes it, some enjoys the other way around.

If you want general crowd to embrace gaming, you can't go competitive or challenging. There's a reason Souls games are niche compared to other mainstream games. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I agree. 

My wife plays games on easy too. She finished all the Uncharted games, TLOU and other PS exclusives in this way. She even played Witcher 3 to some extent, but then the vastness of the RPG mechanics and complicated gameplay was abit too much for her. We also play diablo 3 and other couch cop games together, but because of her, I play these game in normal while co-op...because it's nice to share a hobby and spending good time rather than making the game more 'challenging' and 'stressful' for the partner.

The easy mode in the games are for people who are not much into gaming, or doesn't have that good of a coordination of hand eye, or simply can't take that much of stress while doing a hobby that suppose to be entertaining.

For some people, hard mode is entertaining, and worth the money. For some it's not. Simple as playing sports on ground. Some gets their dopamine and adrenaline effect from pressure, and welcomes it, some enjoys the other way around.

If you want general crowd to embrace gaming, you can't go competitive or challenging. There's a reason Souls games are niche compared to other mainstream games. 

Generally those who play just for the story and narrative boot the game up at normal. If the game is engaging enough of them, subsequent playthroughs are done at harder difficulties. (just an observation). 

Games with multiplayer/coop are generally played best at harder difficulties for the PvP later on.