The Xbox Series X|S thread

13 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Will be unbanned if ownership goes away from China (especially with US Gov's muscle behind it). Though China can always simply make another app like TikTok

Microsoft is buying it only fot us, Canada, NZ and Australia. They are not buying for India. 

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

It won't have the same impact. The TikTok name is global now. Everyone knows what it is. In fact thats what MS is paying for

Long ago even Vine was :rofl:

I guess this type of 5 second comedy video app is cursed to always be shut down

15 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Long ago even Vine was :rofl:

I guess this type of 5 second comedy video app is cursed to always be shut down

Vine was nowhere near this level of popularity. The execs at Vine were also dumb af making stupid decisions which drove its failure.  

:roflroll::roflroll:
That's actually pretty cool. Controllers have become super expensive this generation. Like ideally they should be around 2-3k while they actually sell for 4-5k. Becomes expensive if you have multiple.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, hope said:

:rofl:

Are they mad? Ofcourse there will be a new controller with the console so whos gonna use an old one. Whats the point here :wacko:

If you're playing alone, then its fine.

But if you're playing with family members or friends then you will have to shell out the extra moolah on PS4 but you can use  same XBone controllers for XSX. 

12 minutes ago, adity said:

The point is being able to use your extra ds4s with PS5 and not having to throw them out for no reason.

Ps5 controller is almost exact same as ds4 in terms of functionality. 

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

If you're playing alone, then its fine.

But if you're playing with family members or friends then you will have to shell out the extra moolah on PS4 but you can use  same XBone controllers for XSX. 

But Ps4 ds4 would work on ps4 games even on ps5.

25 minutes ago, adity said:

The point is being able to use your extra ds4s with PS5 and not having to throw them out for no reason.

No its not. For starter the audio plug on it supports full 3D audio, which means it almost certainly uses different BT spec for DS5. It can switch to legacy mode for BC games, but I'm pretty sure PS5 titles won't even let the console sync with DS4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

No its not. For starter the audio plug on it supports full 3D audio, which means it almost certainly uses different BT spec for DS5. It can switch to legacy mode for BC games, but I'm pretty sure PS5 titles won't even let the console sync with DS4.

Is it confirmed that next controller will be BT?

I feel, time for Wifi-Direct has come to go mainstream, kill that bloody latency  a notch more.

When we are talking about every game going 60fps and many going 120fps, BT should be abandoned.

The only issue is that then these controllers won't talk to PC.

1 hour ago, adity said:

All controllers released in last 15 years have more or less same basic functionality.

PS5 controller is Dual Sense, not Dual Shock.

Next ND game will be fun to play on PS5. You will feel all the vibrations differently and there will be many effects for developers to play around it.

I mean old stupid rumble is so boring, this could be that tech that it needs to take it to next level.

Edited by Right

11 minutes ago, Right said:

Is it confirmed that next controller will be BT?

I feel, time for Wifi-Direct has come to go mainstream, kill that bloody latency  a notch more.

When we are talking about every game going 60fps and many going 120fps, BT should be abandoned.

The only issue is that then these controllers won't talk to PC.

DS4 is BT so I assume DS5 will be same too. The latency for controller is really tiny, like 1 or 2ms. That's because the polling rate on DS4 is really high, something 1000hz. But you can't do this with just audio because the codec itself adds huge latency. DS4 is also only 3MB peak data rate, which is why the audio through the jack sounds shitty and extremely compressed. 

Microsoft Veteran Who Worked On Back Compat, xCloud, And More Leaves Xbox

Stillwell began his career at Microsoft working on a variety of Windows products. He moved to the Xbox team in 2012 as a Program Manager for the Xbox Store team.

He would go on to work on accessibility features for the Xbox One OS, and he was the lead for the Xbox One's launch in China. Stillwell also worked on the backwards compatibility team at Xbox before moving on to contribute to the new streaming service, Project xCloud.

Source - gamespot