The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, WhatsInTheName said:

local retailer in Chennai got it. Game Shopee.

Congrats Man ! please test COD Cold War if you can and interested in that game.

10 minutes ago, Animus said:

Official with warranty or grey market?

and congratulations btw... ;)

Official of course, he is a proper retailer, also has a PS5 listing on the site :panic:

https://www.gameshopee.com/product/sony-playstation-5-standard-edition/

• Like 1

And when I told people about a week or so back about Gameshoppe in this very same thread, they are doubting it and were not willing to put their money on them. Good for you that you did and got a Series X. 

45 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Congrats Man ! please test COD Cold War if you can and interested in that game.

Official of course, he is a proper retailer, also has a PS5 listing on the site :panic:

https://www.gameshopee.com/product/sony-playstation-5-standard-edition/

LOL. I am going to start with my backlog. But, yeah if their multiplayer is free or if there is a free weekend, I will check and post here.

About PS5, he said mid-Jan 2021 :fear1: 

57 minutes ago, Animus said:

Official with warranty or grey market?

and congratulations btw... ;)

With Indian bill and warranty. The GameShopee guy is pretty chummy with Redington, as per his own account :P 

42 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

And when I told people about a week or so back about Gameshoppe in this very same thread, they are doubting it and were not willing to put their money on them. Good for you that you did and got a Series X. 

Actually, I must thank you for this because I came to know about him through your post only. Turned out to be a pretty decent bloke. I went for in-shop pickup. Around 10 people were there for the same (with proper distancing of course). He was taking pictures for each delivery. One dude came with his parents. Everyone looked so happy. Proper hype it was. Good to have moments like these amid all of what 2020 has been.

14 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

that sucks. i was counting on it to play before i get super busy in jan. even xbox controller comes with 15 day trial

yeah, they know they are selling everything they produce. So no deal. 

• Like 3

None of the PS5 exclusive games available are worth paying full 5000 right now. They maybe spectacular but not worth 5000 each.

X1X is selling for 35k+ and discontinued. In this case, it’s better to buy XSX if you want to try Gamepass and to play back compat games as X1X versions are mostly better than Pro. Also, always better to invest in new hardware which will last for much longer.

Gaming value per ₹ is more on XSX right now.

Bhai jaa ke thode game khel le. Din bhar apna purchase justify karta rahega? PS5 games aren't worth to you cuz you dont have the system and your system doesnt have any damn exclusives. If table were turned, you would have been going gaga about the very same games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

None of the PS5 exclusive games available are worth paying full 5000 right now. They maybe spectacular but not worth 5000 each.

X1X is selling for 35k+ and discontinued. In this case, it’s better to buy XSX if you want to try Gamepass and to play back compat games as X1X versions are mostly better than Pro. Also, always better to invest in new hardware which will last for much longer.

No game is worth 5k except for rockstar  and project red games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

No game is worth 5k except for rockstar  and project red games.

9 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Even their games which are masterpieces and come once per generation aren't that pricey. 

In the era of 5000Rs a game & GamePass [that roughly cost same for a year], for many people, MP component will decide if a game is worth D1 buy  at full-price.

If its SP only, then one would like to evaluate if the title will have good resale value.

GTA will sale D1 the same numbers even if it comes w/o Online. 

27 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

- Sony’s customer support sucks and MS is way better in that regard. Majorly because MS doesn’t have as big a hardware business so they can turn around replacements quickly and they don’t repair here so they give straight replacements as well, which is nice.

How is MS support after the warranty expires? Do they provide replacement/repair after that?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Wow Bantu :rofl:

No game is worth 5k but a next gen console which has nothing next gen is worth 50k coz you can play old games :rofl:

Mungerilal`s have bought Gamepass for n years and now trying to justify their X purchase but instead are making a fool of themselves.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

anyone who is cribbing about price rise in AAA now!!! at this time ignoring the trend over the generation is obviously ignorant to the obvious 

(or is an Xbot promoting GamesPass)

Not like that.

Every one understands that Retail Disk games have a cost overhead [Distribution expenses, Local marketing, Distributor & retailer Margins...]

Which are pretty much fixed and rise slowly  with the time, thus it will not see prices going down ever, but up up up.

And I'm not even talking about game budgets at all, yet.

A lot many people were buying Disks because

1. pop-in & play

2. Resale/ Trade-ins

Now that internet speeds are much better, Digital-ownership is widely accepted concept. people would prefer cheaper digitaldls

but since the digital pricings are kind of held back by Retail, they would like Retail prices to go down or remain at same levels.