The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, Animus said:

https://twistedvoxel.com/xbox-series-x-1tb-storage-expansion-price/

According to SmythsToysUK as reported by Eurogamer, the price of this 1 TB storage expansion is listed as £159.99, which roughly translates to $205. This is also closer to the leaked price for the 1 TB storage expansion, which was rumored to be $220.

Quoting for the new page :P

This should translate for 20k INR approx :O

Just now, adity said:

It makes no sense to have PS as a primary platform anymore. More expensive games, bad BC, lesser power. Moreover, Sony's apathy is maddening. No details on UI, storage expansion mechanism, BC concrete details, not even price and preorder in India. 

Need to get PS to play exclusives obviously. 

Lol look at Mr. Dolaram. Kya palti maari ek din mein

HrtvTG0MqkRSfH7AkWDU_-wcI10adV4oP7aoT3A9

Expensive games? You happily paid 60 this year,just 10 $ increase.

Bad BC? 99% of ps4 are supported on ps5

Lesser power? It will be marginal difference.

UI? They will reveal that next month.

India Price? Yes, its a little bad n sucks but surely they anoounce soon.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, hope said:

Bad BC? 99% of ps4 are supported on ps5

Idk about that backward compatibility thing. They haven't said anything concrete about how its going to work. With discs, or digital downloads, upgrade patches etc.

Instead of bringing PS4 games to PS5, they're bringing PS5 games to PS4 :bigyellowgrin:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Idk about that backward compatibility thing. They haven't said anything concrete about how its going to work. With discs, or digital downloads, upgrade patches etc.

Instead of bringing PS4 games to PS5, they're bringing PS5 games to PS4 :bigyellowgrin:

:rofl:

19 minutes ago, AnK said:

Games as small as Deathloop can come early 

but major titles like Doom,Dishonoured will make an impact only around 2024 

Games like ES,FO only in the next to next gen I believe 

But if Bathesda under the leadership of M$ decides to take a huge profit dent with ES6 not showing up on PS at all 

then obviously it’ll be a major impact & loss 

For all companies involved 

I don't think it would take them 4 years to make games on the scale of Dishonored or Evil Within. There are 7-8 studios. We can definitely see something from within in the next 2 years, apart from Deathloop and Tokyo Wire (or whatever the name is)

30 minutes ago, adity said:

Have never paid full price so have to wait for sales. With GP I can just play whatever I want. Many games available there. PS is now useless for multiplatform games. For exclusives, will get a DE I guess. 

MS has given clear details about every aspect of the console. Sony abhi bhi L jhula raha hai. 

That was before the acquisition of Zenimax. That hadn't changed anything on that front. That was the case in previous gen as well once One X released. Point is that majority of people don't buy multiple systems. One system being ''useless'' as a primary system is only applicable if you buy multiple systems.

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Doom 1 was 2016

Doom eternal 2020

exactly 4 years 

& that’s the best thing Bathesda got after ES & FO in terms of critical & commercial success 

so yeah 

one can guess

Though rushing up games is also a possibility.....

They can think of expanding their teams now. Then again, even if they start expanding right now, it would take 3 years minimum for games to come out from those teams

Just now, KnackChap said:

Xbox series S still avb to preorder on amazon.

Hoping that there's more stock of the XSX which will come in on launch day. Even with limited quantities I didn't expect it to go out of stock this quickly. 

1 minute ago, adity said:

I was squarely on PS side but Bethesda acquisition is nudging me to the xbox side. They had a lot going for them except games. Now they have the extremely talented studios of Bethesda. They'll probably have a big mid gen comeback like ps3 did. 

Not denying that and i am not stopping anyone from changing sides. Just saying that Xbox has been the superior platform for multiplatform games for sometime now. That isn't new. As far as exclusives are concerned, all their acquisitions would definitely start showing results 2-3 years from now.

1 minute ago, AnK said:

Who gives a sh*t about that crap system 

it will only be sold once all the casuals on OneS kill their consoles 

That is one system which many (talking about hardcore people, not casuals) regret buying 1-2 years from now. I can see it struggle once proper next gen games start arriving. I mean, 1440p is just marketing speak and i don't see actual next gen games running at that resolution on that system 1-2 years from now. What is the point of next gen if you are ultimately going to play at 1080p from now. Ray tracing wouldn't be implemented properly anyway

Just now, adity said:

Yeah I was giving my perspective. Xbox was great for multiplat but they now have exclusives also which makes PS's position really weak. 

I think it's time for Meme Ryan to flip flop again and come out with a game pass alternative. 

They already have a gamepass alternative in PS Now. It is just that they don't want to put their first party games on it at launch. Makes sense as well considering how well they sell. Once/If their first party games stop selling big numbers, they would start putting them day 1 on PS Now.