The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

"from packaged products to service based relationships"

Live service= constant money stream 

So I guess Halo would be moving towards a service based model as well. No further iterations but updates. 

I think they would focus more on the MP aspect of halo from here. 

It's in the name. Halo Infinite. They've already hinted at not releasing another Halo for the next 10 years.

Daddy Phil gets a lil hate every now and then, but truth be told he has turned xbox around after Don's shenanigans. From an outsiders perspective, seems like xbox is at a pretty good spot right now. 

To be brutally honest, being an fps aficionado, I really liked infinites gameplay last year. The game felt responsive, smooth gameplay and shooting mechanics was fun. I want to see what they have achieved in the last one year.

But inko ungli karne mai maza aata hai. They have totally messed with the halo franchise now, turning it into a service. :unsure:

https://twitter.com/benjisales/status/1403005058019729410?s=21

MLB was the top paid games on xbox store in april 

Xbox Game Pass members play 30% more genres and play 40% more games. And more than 90% of members said they played a game that they would not have tried without Game Pass.

On average across the Game Pass library, partners see engagement go up by more than 8x when they enter Game Pass.

Whether it’s purchasing games inside or outside of what’s available in the library, or purchasing additional content for the games they like, members spend 50% more than non-members.

Xbox Game Pass has become a true discovery engine, a platform for connection and community, and is driving game sales. New insights we’re sharing today include:

Since we started our partnership with EA Play in Game Pass Ultimate, our players have been engaging with EA’s subscription service in a significant way. Compared to before the integration, EA Play has seen record usage on Microsoft platforms, driving hours played on these platforms up by more than 200%. As a result, EA’s incredible portfolio of games has reached and gained millions of new fans on the Xbox platform.

The new Square Enix game Outriders is in Game Pass and was also the #1 selling digital game on Xbox during its launch week and a top 10 selling digital game on Xbox in the month of April. Game Pass helped introduce millions of players to the game.

During launch week, MLB: The Show 21 was the biggest sports game of the past year on Xbox and the second biggest sports game of all time on Xbox. Game Pass added millions of new fans and grew Major League Baseball’s player base significantly. MLB: The Show 21 was also the #1 selling paid game on Xbox for the month of April.

Edited by triggr happy ss

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/16/22536418/microsoft-xbox-series-x-games-on-xbox-one-xcloud-streaming

MS going full nextgen with upcoming big exclusives 2022 and beyond.  But they not leaving old gen completely behind. Xbox one owners will have option to play next gen games using cloud. Not the best ideal option but its something 

32 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/6/16/22536418/microsoft-xbox-series-x-games-on-xbox-one-xcloud-streaming

MS going full nextgen with upcoming big exclusives 2022 and beyond.  But they not leaving old gen completely behind. Xbox one owners will have option to play next gen games using cloud. Not the best ideal option but its something 

Frankly, it's a great initiative. Since I already have an Xbox One X and I'm mainly an SP gamer, who does not have to bother too much with latency, it's great for me. Also, it shows MS is backing GP to the hilt, and they are making it a Netflix service. Soon enough, it will be bundled on TV OS as well. Then, the only ones needing the actual Series S/X will be those who focus on MP or those with a bad Internet Connection.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, it's a great initiative. Since I already have an Xbox One X and I'm mainly an SP gamer, who does not have to bother too much with latency, it's great for me. Also, it shows MS is backing GP to the hilt, and they are making it a Netflix service. Soon enough, it will be bundled on TV OS as well. Then, the only ones needing the actual Series S/X will be those who focus on MP or those with a bad Internet Connection.

The idea is great, for the western world. Unless you're in one of the regions where XCloud is supported, you won't be able to play it on your X1X. I doubt they'll support India anytime soon.