Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

41 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Miyazaki working exclusively for Xbox :panic:

Thing is - Miyazaki marches to his own drum beats. Did you see him doing Bloodborne 2 after the great success of BB1? Even DS3 was more of a "Just get it done with" side project, unlike Sekiro - where his true passion went. He was not involved with DS2.

In your scenario, what will most likely happen is - MS buys FromSoft, Miyazaki takes the bank balance (Maybe stays on for 1 project - just to give his name without actually working on it, if contract demands) and then he will promptly resign and form his own studio. I somehow don't think he is a character who listens to over-lords (whether they be Sony/MS/Nintendo)

After that, the very Souls games itself will become Souls-like/Souls Clone. Game quality degrades noticeably when Miyazaki is not involved.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Imo Bungie giant waste of money. They already got Destiny on GP and that's more than enough. 

Dude, do you have any idea how much Bungie is making from Destiny, MS couldn't afford them so they went through a gamepass deal. 

Good tho. PS have the most playerbase of D2 till now. PC with marginal difference. Quite sure it'll change when beyond light releases and gamepass. 

Funny to see how ponies potray that MS aquired Bethesda is a no biggie and Bethesda had almost no strong titles to turn the tide. 

IF sony had aquired Bethesda they would've been prasing the sh*t out of the same games, even lick FO76. 

56 minutes ago, adity said:

Xbox is my primary platform now. Ps only for exclusives. There is no question of early or late. I'd buy both day 1 if I could afford it. There is no logic here. I just want it. 

Ultimately, it boils down to this. You get what you want if you can afford it.

I can’t believe Sony fanboys are calling Bethesda talentless! I mean, If one company can take on/outdo Sony in quality single player games department, it is Bethesda. Add to that the fact that Bethesda games are more diverse.

Bethesda’s recent misfires were probably a result of pressure from zenimax, who needed to show prospective buyers that their ip’s were monetizable.

Now, MS needs good single player exclusives, so MS might just let Bethesda’s studios do their thing. Win Win.

• Like 3

Dishonoured is one series that I am going to miss the most. Even though if they put it on PC, I can play it but most of my gaming time goes to Sony's games first, wasn't gaming myself for a good 2yrs till the lockdown and then caught up with all PS exclusives that I had missed.

Thing is, everyone has limited time to play games. If you own a Sony console chances are you'd be prioritising their first party games over anything else (they have always been stellar). That is one big reason why you'd find many Sony fans who haven't played more than a couple of Bethesda titles. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Funny to see how ponies potray that MS aquired Bethesda is a no biggie and Bethesda had almost no strong titles to turn the tide. 

IF sony had aquired Bethesda they would've been prasing the sh*t out of the same games, even lick FO76. 

:rofl: not to forget that sony wouldn’t have been expected to release on other platforms to recoup the 7.5 billion investment .
People here actually think that PS is bigger than xbox +pc+ Mobile (Cloud gaming) combined where Xbox will be releasing.

Edited by triggr happy ss

18 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

So many backlog games. Dishonored 2 one of those. Will get to it for sure. One day. :( Dishonored 1 I loved so much. 

And you buying PS5 at launch. More backlog coming. 

39 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

So many backlog games. Dishonored 2 one of those. Will get to it for sure. One day. :( Dishonored 1 I loved so much. 

There is this one mission in dishonored 2, which is imo the greatest work of game design in all gaming history. Fascinating stuff. Try not to miss this gem.

Edited by kmkaks

4 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Imo Bungie giant waste of money. They already got Destiny on GP and that's more than enough. 

I personally want them to go for a big Japanese studios which will hurt ponies the most and that is From Software. Ponies will be done. Souls games never on PS :rofl:

Tango Works is now MS studio in Japan and they can use it to acquire another Japanese company by complying with Japanese laws nd all .

Its dream scenario not gonna happen most likely but i really want it to happen lol.

Miyazaki working exclusively for Xbox :panic:

Didn't want timed exclusives against Xbox, but now wants monoply against PS.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

There is this one mission in dishonored 2, which is imo the greatest work of game design in all gaming history. Fascinating stuff. Try not to miss this gem.

Yup. The level design in Dishonored 2 is phenomenal! It was my personal GOTY of 2016 :wub:

• Thanks 1

My 2 cents: I loved Wolfenstein, started New Colossus but on hold since its platinum is one of the most difficult ones.

Also, My Hindi isn't that good, can someone please explain what 'Mungerilal' and 'Bantu' means?!?

2 hours ago, kmkaks said:

I can’t believe Sony fanboys are calling Bethesda talentless! I mean, If one company can take on/outdo Sony in quality single player games department, it is Bethesda. Add to that the fact that Bethesda games are more diverse.

Bethesda’s recent misfires were probably a result of pressure from zenimax, who needed to show prospective buyers that their ip’s were monetizable.

Now, MS needs good single player exclusives, so MS might just let Bethesda’s studios do their thing. Win Win.

Unless we see a quality game on Xbox by Bethesda , it all means jack. I see more Fallout 76 type of games coming  by Bethesda rather than SP oriented ones like Wolfenstein.

Their premier game Halo Infinite with massive budget is a laughing stock now. Do they even care about SP Games? Its all about subs now. Bethesda has many SP games, wonder what will happen to them.

Scalebound :giggle:

Edited by hope

Bethesda are ok-good but will never reach the quality of Sony FP games, the main Bugthesda studio that makes TES and Fallout games' are notoriously buggy and outdated looking, they are only good on PC because MODS.

MachineGames,Arkane,id all good though, but not on the level of Insomniac, SP, ND, SSM.

• Like 1