~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

14 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Do any of the streaming services - prime, Netflix and Disney plus ever have discounts in their plans? 

prime does just before your current membership expires, strategy to increase retention

Netflix is a monthly thing, so it makes no sense to offer one.

Hotstar is already at a discounted price in all honesty (125/month)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Do any of the streaming services - prime, Netflix and Disney plus ever have discounts in their plans? 

Prime used to. If you were prime member, it used to charge only 899 instead of 999. But after their price hike to 1499, they don't give any discount anymore. Neither does any other big streaming service. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hazard12345 said:

prime does just before your current membership expires, strategy to increase retention

Thank you. Though 125/month is a good plan, there are limits like streaming quality cap. I have an OLED tv. 

Was hoping that there would be discount around Republic Day. 

I was very skeptical on TLOU casting, but man am blown away by everyone's performance. Bella moulds in ellie so well. great episode looking forward to next one.. which is getting me excited, since they showed that lighting in night glimpse of that skyscraper building which they are about to enter.

When you're lost in the darkness..

On 1/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, hazard12345 said:

Prime doesn't gives any discount all year now.

Same with Disney Hotstar. 

Netflix I have no idea as I share with 3 other guys.

On 1/17/2023 at 11:25 AM, dante77 said:

Prime used to. If you were prime member, it used to charge only 899 instead of 999. But after their price hike to 1499, they don't give any discount anymore. Neither does any other big streaming service. 

This.

So, should I watch TLOU premiere episode or should I wait for all to air and binge it?

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Prime doesn't gives any discount all year now.

Same with Disney Hotstar. 

Netflix I have no idea as I share with 3 other guys.

This.

So, should I watch TLOU premiere episode or should I wait for all to air and binge it?

I was trying. But then I was like screw it! I don't have anything to watch and this is sitting right in front of my eyes. 

On 1/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, CarbonCore said:

There was a clicker in the final shot, on the left side rooftop.

On 1/17/2023 at 7:32 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Couldn't see in Hotstar stream :mellow:

Lol I knew it was there after reading here and I still couldn’t see, did hear it though. Solid first episode, though quite long. The fact that they went with someone like HBO and their pedigree for great episodic content, and the makers of Chernobyl for this instead of maybe using it as a way to introduce Sony’s own streaming service makes me think they’re doing this properly. 

Hearing those riffs just put a smile on my face. The title theme was one of my audition tracks when I was hunting for speakers, and is an aural treat. The expansive, created world is still compelling. Last shot was so, so beautiful. Makes me want to play the game again :D 

Ellie looks a lot less, for lack of a better word, girl-ish, compared to the first game. 

Only one complaint though, like with so many others these days, so much mumbling. About half the dialog is mumbled out. I mean, fkn enunciate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Lol I knew it was there after reading here and I still couldn’t see, did hear it though. Solid first episode, though quite long. The fact that they went with someone like HBO and their pedigree for great episodic content, and the makers of Chernobyl for this instead of maybe using it as a way to introduce Sony’s own streaming service makes me think they’re doing this properly. 

Hearing those riffs just put a smile on my face. The title theme was one of my audition tracks when I was hunting for speakers, and is an aural treat. The expansive, created world is still compelling. Last shot was so, so beautiful. Makes me want to play the game again :D 

Ellie looks a lot less, for lack of a better word, girl-ish, compared to the first game. 

Only one complaint though, like with so many others these days, so much mumbling. About half the dialog is mumbled out. I mean, fkn enunciate. 

Sony doesn't have any plans for starting a streaming service. Their strategy is to sell shows and movies like this and make money off of other streaming companies. And it has been working really well so far.

Edited by Kumar123