PC Hardware Thread

ALPHA17

45 minutes ago, KrIzAliD said:

show me some 4k footage with 5600x :fear1:

Why would you want 4k footage? If  you are looking at CPU performance, the difference is barely noticeable with 1440p and above.

CPU becomes a bottleneck only at high framerates. Higher resolutions become more of a GPU benchmark. 

On 11/4/2020 at 1:42 PM, sobbii said:

Are fe good though?
I have been told not to go with fe and get zotac or asus..

FEs are great and even more in last couple of years as OC have become pointless with power limitations.

Zotac is worth of all. ASUS STRIX is very good but too high premium over FE to justify the cost.

FE/EVGA/ASUS TUF/MSI are all solid choices but if price gap is more than $50-100, then not worth it. 

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Hi all, I was told to wait for 6800xt instead of jumping on an overpriced 3080 (scalper price) . The benchmarks did show 6800xt outperforming 3080 (third party benchmarks awaited)

6800XT will be out of stock too mostly. 

is there a definite ‘con’ to go for an AMD card for your first build ? I hear driver updates is an issue but beyond that ?

Nothing really. Drivers issues are yet to be seen with upcoming games. Only time will tell. 

3 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

If you can wait for 3-4 weeks, It will come in stock. Someone on reddit said they contacted RP Tech and asked. 

I did this via email and just got a reply from RPtech that I am waitlisted and they will get in touch once stocks arrive. I guess that also gives enough time to gauge third party benchmarks for 6800xt

• Like 1

I did this via email and just got a reply from RPtech that I am waitlisted and they will get in touch once stocks arrive. I guess that also gives enough time to gauge third party benchmarks for 6800xt

Are they maintaining a waitlist? I got a reply that will let me know when it is in stock but nothing was mentioned about a waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they maintaining a waitlist? I got a reply that will let me know when it is in stock but nothing was mentioned about a waitlist.

Guess the first and faster one to respond gets it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Their response 

Dear Sir,

RTX3080FE, RTX 3070FE, RTX3090 is out of stock now, it will take 3 to 4 weeks max to come in stock.

We have noted your email ID and put in waiting list , we will intimate you by mail once it is in stocks.

We do not take pre orders or booking.

Reference prices including GST as below:

RTX 3070 FE : Rs.44,500/-

RTX 3080 FE : Rs.62,000/-

RTX 3090 FE : Rs.1,33,500/-

14 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

The performance upgrade over Zen 2 is certainly huge, but holy sh*t! The Indian pricing for the Ryzen 5600x is bonkers - 27.2k :O

Glad I pulled the trigger on the used Ryzen 3600 for now.

Same boat. I was seriously wondering if I should have just waited. Turns out it didnt matter. Lol 27k is bonkers :D

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Ryzen 5000s sold out :|

Sold out at Prime ABGB and MD Computers while I was checking out.

Its still available at a few places but with inflated prices and I am not sure if I can trust those palces :(

Please do post here in case you find them close to 27-28k somewhere. I will do too.

Edited by kittoo

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-desktop-processor-6-cores-12-threads-3-7ghz/

5600X costs 27k on PrimeABGB. :nerves:

I, PhantomShade, have a dream, that one day, I will be as rich as Ambani to afford all of this.

*poses*

https://www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/amd-ryzen-5-5600x-desktop-processor-6-cores-12-threads-3-7ghz/

5600X costs 27k on PrimeABGB. :nerves:

I, PhantomShade, have a dream, that one day, I will be as rich as Ambani to afford all of this.
*poses*

You can marry her daughter.

You don't need to dream to buy. Save over the years and upgrade every 5 or 10 years.

Second, 0-1% difference at 1440p/4K. Doesn't matter what CPU you are using as long it is decent enough. 3600 will match 5600x and beyond without breaking sweat as long you have decent GPU. For 1080p, 5600x is overkill. 

Invest is better GPU than CPU first. If you are getting 3600 for cheap, get that instead of 5600x.