The Xbox Series X|S thread

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Isn't Ray Tracing exclusive to RTX cards? And no, I don't care about 4K. I am perfectly happy with my 1080p screen. I am also perfectly OK with 30 fps as long as it is stable. So I guess S is worth it?

It should be more powerful mostly because of generational improvements. If you intend to game at 1080p, I don't think getting a Series S is a bad choice. You should get access to a lot of next gen games which are guaranteed to work. And gamepass too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Isn't Ray Tracing exclusive to RTX cards? And no, I don't care about 4K. I am perfectly happy with my 1080p screen. I am also perfectly OK with 30 fps as long as it is stable. So I guess S is worth it?

Wait for full reviews and analysis coming out at launch (probably today) since you already have a good enough gaming pc and can play most gamepass games anyways.

1 minute ago, l33tmaniac said:

It should be more powerful mostly because of generational improvements. If you intend to game at 1080p, I don't think getting a Series S is a bad choice. You should get access to a lot of next gen games which are guaranteed to work. And gamepass too. 

1 minute ago, Big Boss said:

Wait for full reviews and analysis coming out at launch (probably today) since you already have a good enough gaming pc and can play most gamepass games anyways.

Yeah, gonna wait for a couple of months. Not gonna buy it right away. But I think it will be my next-gen console choice if it is confirmed to offer more generational improvements. Thanks guys!

25 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Nope. RTX has tensor cores which help significantly, but Ray Tracing can be done on any card. It's not a hardware-specific thing. 

Without tensor cores or dedicated processors for ray-tracing, it's an insanely expensive operation. Because your regular shader cores are not at all built for this purpose. You can technically try running a ray-traced game on a 1080Ti or a Titan, but even 2060 would surely give you far better results. 

Check the Metro Exodus part of this video to get a better picture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1oWopN0k8A

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Only one next gen console supports 8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So?

Point is we are in that range now, mid gen refresh will push it more so 1080p console now is pointless. 

Edited by hope

Nope. RTX has tensor cores which help significantly, but Ray Tracing can be done on any card. It's not a hardware-specific thing. 
True, technically even Pascal supports RT. Though the performance is horrible.

Also DLSS and Higher Framerate>>Ray Tracing for me personally.

You will not notice the reflection on the puddle 15 hours into the game but you will notice 120fps compared to 30fps even 25 hours in.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, AnK said:

Woh din dur nahi jab sundar kanyaye bhi phree melengi GamesPass ke saath :rofl: 

abbbbeeeeeyyyyy maaaaaaaaasderrrrrrrrrr ch*****************

*parden my language,watching Mirzapur these days 

Shaant hoja, jab bhi MS kuch accha karta hai tera rom rom jaag jaata hai :lol:

13 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Called up my local retailer... he received series s on Saturday but cannot give till 10th ... but he had no information regarding series x.. he said Microsoft not giving any details 

Yaay!! MS and Sony on the exact same boat! Not willing to introduce next gen consoles here at all. Well at least MS had the decency to pretend by giving 100 units for pre-order in the entire country, just to keep up appearances.

Seriously, don't go for Series S though. Won't comment on whether it will hold back gaming or not, but high chances of performance issues as the gen goes on. I experienced this on the base PS4 with AC: Odyssey. In forts, if you attract too many units, frames will tank to single digits on base PS4. Expect same will happen on base Series S as more demanding, exclusively next gen games come out some 2-3 years down the line.

Edited by roun90

Yaay!! MS and Sony on the exact same boat! Not willing to introduce next gen consoles here at all. Well at least MS had the decency to pretend by giving 100 units for pre-order in the entire country

He was saying the same thing that like Sony, ms also not giving details when series x will arrive..he said he has now 10 people on wait list for series x..

Makoreactor article looks to be on point .. series s avalable in higher number..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Called up my local retailer... he received series s on Saturday but cannot give till 10th ... but he had no information regarding series x.. he said Microsoft not giving any details 

Is it Reliance Digital local retailer?