Horizon Forbidden West

GeraltOfRivia

Didn't you guys find the graphics a bit cartoony?

Also, in the end it said "PlayStation Exclusive" and displayed a Ps5 and a Ps4, so we can probably assume that it's gonna hit both the gens.

What about last gen holding the game now? Those poppins surely looked peculiar.

Gotta see more.

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

Also, in the end it said "PlayStation Exclusive" and displayed a Ps5 and a Ps4, so we can probably assume that it's gonna hit both the gens.

Gotta see more.

We have known for months that it is coming to both PS4 and PS5

Just now, Sach4life said:

We have known for months that it is coming to both PS4 and PS5

I was still hoping otherwise. Demon Souls looks much better.

But the animations looks like it has a little softness and Sea of thieves mixed in. Maybe 4k video will be better, will check later.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It looks about as good as UC4 which is impressive for an open world game but well, cross gen is cross gen. 

Gameplay looks much improved though which is great considering I loved the gameplay in the first game itself. 

Regarding cartoony, even the first game went for a more hyper real look rather photoreal to look pretty. This one seems to have dialed it up to 11 with a crazy amount of vegetation and what not. 

I didn't like the earlier installment's gameplay, have been waiting for atleast a 60fps patch. 

This did look smooth, LOD although was a touch jarring. Bummed by the cartoonist animation a bit but hopefully it won't spoil the mood while playing.

I don’t get the point of these livestreams when YouTube compression makes it look like sh*t. 

Just put out the 4K video directly. 

Edited by VamosReva

12 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Aloy looks prettier, gameplay looks smoother.

I did notice texture popins though. Same in RE village, like whats the point of having a super expensive ssd if you're gonna have poppins anyway? 

Other than that looks great 

Can't use SSD to full extent when the game also has to run on slow-a*s hard drives on PS4. They probably use the same last-gen streaming tech unlike Ratchet.

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yeah possible.  Ratchet will be a test to see how the game behaves with poppins.

You mean 'pop-ins' or . . .

. . . poppins for the variety of colors :/

parle-poppinscandy-18gm.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Gotta see more.

I think TLOU2 and Ghost of Tshushima have spoiled us. Personally like that the game has so much color but nothing about the design looked “next gen”. 

looks incredible! And, something tells me this gen PS is gon be all bout dat alpha. The fricking sand was blowing in the air!

nR5ywY.gif

But, in Aloy's character model the gap between her nose and upper lip is just too high. Looks weird. Hope they fix it. 

• Snake locked this topic
  • Snake unlocked this topic