~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 11/21/2023 at 2:52 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Have you seen it ? I think it’ll be an emotional roller coaster considering it’s based on Bhopal Gas tragedy and so many people died in it. Not sure if I’m ready for something so hard hitting. 

Good show. story of survival. Some scenes may be hard hitting yes. Great performance from everyone all around.

Just finished watching The Village on Prime. It is like Indian version of Hills have eyes and wrong turn. Since it's Indian there is some obvious Desi theme with background story BUT backstory part is usually about 5-10 mins and only show critical part, never boring. 

The show gets disturbing and by the end, especially episode 5 has some disturbing (and sad) scenes. It only has 6 episodes and they are each 40 mins long, so a short watch. 

Overall, a good watch with a little bit of cheeziness here and there. Keeps things interesting throughout. 

I am just glad Indian cinemaat least tried making something like Hills have eyes. It's a South Indian show with Hindi language. 

51 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Fargo S5 is out, and just realised the entire Fargo TV show has been taken down from Netflix. Apparently FX has rights now. Anyway to watch in India ? Or high seas only ?

Ya its nowhere. Someone needs to get rights for Fargo asap. I want to rewatch first 3 seasons again.

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Just finished watching The Village on Prime. It is like Indian version of Hills have eyes and wrong turn. Since it's Indian there is some obvious Desi theme with background story BUT backstory part is usually about 5-10 mins and only show critical part, never boring. 

The show gets disturbing and by the end, especially episode 5 has some disturbing (and sad) scenes. It only has 6 episodes and they are each 40 mins long, so a short watch. 

Overall, a good watch with a little bit of cheeziness here and there. Keeps things interesting throughout. 

I am just glad Indian cinemaat least tried making something like Hills have eyes. It's a South Indian show with Hindi language. 

I’ve news for you:

https://www.yalidreamcreations.com/the-village/

Comic is much better IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched both seasons of Foundation on Apple+ and man, what a show ! Was completely blown away by the production values and the sheer scale of the series. Although it’s more of a scifi and not really in the same genre, I would say in terms of complexity of the plot, narration, visuals and the massive scale it’s built on, it rivals GoT as the best fantasy show I’ve seen in recent times. And definitely, I felt it’s head and shoulders above house of dragon season 1 !

Can’t wait for season 3 now.  BTW, minor spoilers:  for those who’ve seen the show, do you think the mule could actually be the son of Constance and mallow ? I mean the eyes do match !

On 12/21/2023 at 11:54 PM, Ne0 said:

Watched both seasons of Foundation on Apple+ and man, what a show ! Was completely blown away by the production values and the sheer scale of the series. Although it’s more of a scifi and not really in the same genre, I would say in terms of complexity of the plot, narration, visuals and the massive scale it’s built on, it rivals GoT as the best fantasy show I’ve seen in recent times. And definitely, I felt it’s head and shoulders above house of dragon season 1 !

Can’t wait for season 3 now.  BTW, minor spoilers:  for those who’ve seen the show, do you think the mule could actually be the son of Constance and mallow ? I mean the eyes do match !

Awesome. Was watching monarch and looking for another apple tv show. Will watch this