Jump to content

Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2


STICK3Rboy

Recommended Posts

Guys. Watch King Richard. Everyone, including the kinds have performed exceptionally. It is a charming, inspiring story of craziness of one mind: Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams.

A poor-ish, black family trying to break into a predominantly white & elitist sport, sticking to The Plan, and making it happen. 
 

It’s funny, poignant, inspiring, and engrossing. Some mild pandering does make the cut, but it’s mostly in the corners. If anything, it’s been softened a bit. I’m aware that the reality was a bit harder & harsher. 

A very enjoyable movie. Highlights family values, upbringing, hard work, vision, and most of all, to not to let the world bring your crazy down. 

 

8.5/10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, achilles said:

Guys. Watch King Richard. Everyone, including the kinds have performed exceptionally. It is a charming, inspiring story of craziness of one mind: Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams.

A poor-ish, black family trying to break into a predominantly white & elitist sport, sticking to The Plan, and making it happen. 
 

It’s funny, poignant, inspiring, and engrossing. Some mild pandering does make the cut, but it’s mostly in the corners. If anything, it’s been softened a bit. I’m aware that the reality was a bit harder & harsher. 

A very enjoyable movie. Highlights family values, upbringing, hard work, vision, and most of all, to not to let the world bring your crazy down. 

 

8.5/10

Is it available on streaming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Hard to describe other than saying that it's amazing. 

Came to know that most of the wacky effects are in camera too. 

Damn...der aay par durust aay

 

Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry together only spells magic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Might get ban reduced or cancelled after BLM/Left protests with the usual white oppression. 
 

:doh:

 

There is a video where he says that he had planned a huge extravagant birthday party for her but instead of being impressed or happy, she said it's just a display of his huge ego and he also agreed to it :rofl:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

There is a video where he says that he had planned a huge extravagant birthday party for her but instead of being impressed or happy, she said it's just a display of his huge ego and he also agreed to it :rofl:

It's funny because this same thing was a sub plot in Bojack Horseman and it made perfect sense for Diane to be pissed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

 

booked tix for 7th May 2.30pm show

 

PVR phoenix IMAX with LASER @ lower parel

 

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

 

IMAX with LASER with dead blacks and super wide color gamut = OLED 

 

Other Imax theaters = fald

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

 

booked tix for 7th May 2.30pm show

 

PVR phoenix IMAX with LASER @ lower parel

 

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

 

IMAX with LASER with dead blacks and super wide color gamut = OLED 

 

Other Imax theaters = fald

 

 


all of them seem to be 3D shows only, prefer 2D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Snake said:


all of them seem to be 3D shows only, prefer 2D

normal imax theatres don’t have 3d low brightness 

 

laser imax would be even brighter, wider color gamut and inky deep blacks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

 

booked tix for 7th May 2.30pm show

 

PVR phoenix IMAX with LASER @ lower parel

 

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

 

IMAX with LASER with dead blacks and super wide color gamut = OLED 

 

Other Imax theaters = fald

 

 

Crazy coincidence i will be sitting somewhere near you then same date and timing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

normal imax theatres don’t have 3d low brightness 

 

laser imax would be even brighter, wider color gamut and inky deep blacks


that may be, but 3D nahi chahiye

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 0verlord said:

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

 

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

 

booked tix for 7th May 2.30pm show

 

PVR phoenix IMAX with LASER @ lower parel

 

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

 

IMAX with LASER with dead blacks and super wide color gamut = OLED 

 

Other Imax theaters = fald

 

 

In Delhi we have saket with Imax laser. Is it really better than normal Imax since bot are fake-imax only :fear:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

Crazy coincidence i will be sitting somewhere near you then same date and timing.

Shout “IVG” when Strange shows his face for the 1st time in the movie. I’ll shout back :D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...