The Playstation 5 thread

17 hours ago, playstationdude said:

So my ps5 has started malfunctioning as soon as warranty is over
Used it for all of 4 games so far

Tried turning it on today, hard boot and via remote, Just didnt turn on. After multiple hardboot attempts it turned on and then turned off automatically again
Restarted now, lets see

I had a similar issue today, put it on rest mode after logging out of Elden Ring and it switched off. Did not respond to controller, power or eject buttons. Had to do a hard power cycle by unplugging it, and I clocked a few hours with the game. Not going to take a chance with the Rest Mode, although it is frustrating to see game updates when you boot up the console for some game time

My XSX is in always suspended mode for quick resume and has not had a single issue in over a year now and my PS4 Pro used to forever be in Rest Mode. 

21 minutes ago, psinide said:

I had a similar issue today, put it on rest mode after logging out of Elden Ring and it switched off. Did not respond to controller, power or eject buttons. Had to do a hard power cycle by unplugging it, and I clocked a few hours with the game. Not going to take a chance with the Rest Mode, although it is frustrating to see game updates when you boot up the console for some game time

My XSX is in always suspended mode for quick resume and has not had a single issue in over a year now and my PS4 Pro used to forever be in Rest Mode. 

I didnt even put it on rest mode. It was a proper shut down.

That's like 3rd or 4th case in the last couple of weeks in this forum itself, my ps4 pro chugging along just fine even after nearly 5 years, which is a miracle since it often get covered in an incredible amount of dust. Looks like SONY really dropped the ball this gen in their hurry to be the first one out the door. Scary for somebody like who won't buy another one in a hurry if something were to happen to the console soon after the warranty expires.

13 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

That's like 3rd or 4th case in the last couple of weeks in this forum itself, my ps4 pro chugging along just fine even after nearly 5 years, which is a miracle since it often get covered in an incredible amount of dust. Looks like SONY really dropped the ball this gen in their hurry to be the first one out the door. Scary for somebody like who won't buy another one in a hurry if something were to happen to the console soon after the warranty expires.

Mine is the base model from 2015, the actual hardware still works, but my controller is borked so it's kept in a plastic bag for now.

idk about Xbox VCR but the PS4 was quality hardware

23 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Looks like SONY really dropped the ball this gen in their hurry to be the first one out the door.

?!?! 
SX/S literally launched two days ahead. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with that. 

But yeah just too many cases one after the other in this thread itself for my liking. 

Will make sure I get the revised version whenever I do. 

21 hours ago, playstationdude said:

So my ps5 has started malfunctioning as soon as warranty is over
Used it for all of 4 games so far

Tried turning it on today, hard boot and via remote, Just didnt turn on. After multiple hardboot attempts it turned on and then turned off automatically again
Restarted now, lets see

21 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Had a similar scare with mine just a couple of days ago.

I had it on rest mode for a couple of hours but when I went back to it, it was switched off. Tried turning it on with the controller and then the power button as well, but nothing happened. 

I then pressed the eject button and it sprang to life :mellow:

No issues after that though *touches wood*

Your PS5's working good now? Played any games recently after this issue? 

21 hours ago, AnK said:

I have witnessed just too many ppl experiencing PS5 hardware trouble lately here. 

I just hope the new models are better & more long lasting. 

Seen only these ones and @SaiKO had some issues which got replaced apparently. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Tried hfw yesterday, touchwoo worled fine. Will stress test it over the weekend with long HFW sessions.

23 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Had a similar scare with mine just a couple of days ago.

I had it on rest mode for a couple of hours but when I went back to it, it was switched off. Tried turning it on with the controller and then the power button as well, but nothing happened. 

I then pressed the eject button and it sprang to life :mellow:

No issues after that though *touches wood*

My xbox one would behave like this right before it went kaput after it's ~7 year service. The disc eject would be the only way to get the other buttons to respond.

May not be the same case but if it's in warranty see if you can get it looked at / replaced to avoid the risk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Tried hfw yesterday, touchwoo worled fine. Will stress test it over the weekend with long HFW sessions.

Do you have M.2 storage extended? Or are you playing from the console storage?

4 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

My xbox one would behave like this right before it went kaput after it's ~7 year service. The disc eject would be the only way to get the other buttons to respond.

May not be the same case but if it's in warranty see if you can get it looked at / replaced to avoid the risk.

It's working fine now, and I've put in some pretty long Horizon sessions on it as well after that incident.

Still I'll check with customer care to see if anything can be done. I think I have warranty until March.

Thanks for the advice :good:

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

Been using the PS5 for close to 8-10 hours a day playing HFW since release and also put it in rest mode 

no issues so far

knock on wood GIF by Macher gesucht!

26 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Iirc the first gif was done by ND around the ps4 launch. A certain Antonio Banderas gif was very popular during that time & ND released their gif during the Keighleys Goty show and then they made that Leo gif at uncharted 4 release and then every studio went along with it. 

The gif that started it all

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Iirc the first gif was done by ND around the ps4 launch. A certain Antonio Banderas gif was very popular during that time & ND released their gif during the Keighleys Goty show and then they made that Leo gif at uncharted 4 release and then every studio went along with it. 

The gif that started it all

The Banderas gif is from assassins

On 2/25/2022 at 7:22 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Ya. Mine got bricked completely. But luckily Sony replaced the unit with a new one.