The Xbox Series X|S thread

47 minutes ago, -13- said:

I personally prefer some news every now and then than a gigantic sh*t of news once. 

I miss the gigantic shows , everything scattered is so difficulty to keep up with and so underwhelming. I miss E3 ,this being the launch year even more so.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Not sure if this was posted before, but it does look good in that video.  Not too big, not too "out of place" especially in the living room.  If you've a black LED TV/and a dark wall, i think this blends in inconspicuously ! 

Kinda has my attention now :P

They are f**king up with AA batteries powered controllers....yet again.

I turned my PS3 on after like 3 years...during lockdown.
Batteries charged within 15 mins and I played UC1 for a while.

I bought the console in 2009 IIRC.

I also gave a spin to my 360 and that is after more than 5 years, red rings welcomed me. Thank you, dumped it back.

More I look at XSX, more it looks like sound bar or a  solid state speakers.

Its not terrible design, but just that no thought has gone into it.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPkVsGyWQr4EmEQrL-dbB

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

yeah, looks wise PS5 loses out clearly, but sony has a pretty strong lineup of FP sequels .... MS only has halo / gears , but there's game pass (which is available in India already) , which seems like a pretty sweet deal.   Let's see in their next reveal, maybe they would give us better peek into their exclusives.  

It is the retarded B&W two color design.

Either go full black, white, don't mix both like this.

other colors like red, blue etc would look good with black  in two tone design, may look a bit tacky tho.

36 minutes ago, Right said:

Its not terrible design, but just that no thought has gone into it.

Thought has gone into it, but it is more in terms of efficient cooling, not sexy outer design.

Like it is very cramped inside, top is the CPU/GPU plus a big heatsink, bottom is bd player and power supply i think, and there is just one big and fancy fan to cool everything

Lol they should have put a flappable apartment on top to store controller. 

The console looks like my air purifier, and the other one looks even more disastrous, like a Chinese cheap toy which had no idea which way to go. 

Between the two, Ms is just a tinge bit better, though best is to have them both hidden. 

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

yeah, looks wise PS5 loses out clearly, but sony has a pretty strong lineup of FP sequels .... MS only has halo / gears , but there's game pass (which is available in India already) , which seems like a pretty sweet deal.   Let's see in their next reveal, maybe they would give us better peek into their exclusives.  

Not looks wise, but may be color choice wise since its in your face rather than subtle like XSX. But if you look at mock ups in red/ black etc, it looks dope. (again a personal preference) 

PS seemed to be designed to be practical in a way that it can fit horizontally (for most of the people) in existing entertainment box (That is the major draw for a console! to site below your TV hidden away).

So , I am hopeful the length is not as tall as they are making it to be in reality to the point that it doesn't FIT at all horizontally.  

For most of the people, XSX has to sit to the side of the entertainment box. it would just looks like a sub woofer, or a giant amazon echo speaker if you put it below a tv (which is also not too bad).

3 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Lol they should have put a flappable apartment on top to store controller. 

The console looks like my air purifier, and the other one looks even more disastrous, like a Chinese cheap toy which had no idea which way to go. 

Between the two, Ms is just a tinge bit better, though best is to have them both hidden. 

Just look at the previous generation. Both consoles looked so good. The problem with the new CPU and GPU and is that the cooling isn't enough which is why consoles are becoming bigger and bigger. So I can kind of understand why the XSX looks the way it does. PS5 no idea what the inspiration was with that weird design. 

Just now, dylanjosh said:

Just look at the previous generation. Both consoles looked so good. The problem with the new CPU and GPU and is that the cooling isn't enough which is why consoles are becoming bigger and bigger. So I can kind of understand why the XSX looks the way it does. PS5 no idea what the inspiration was with that weird design. 

Ya the previous gen was the best looking I still remember how awed I was with Xbox one S, it was so compact so beautiful and my current gears edition XOX looks brilliant. 

Even PS4 pro had an elegance, though design wise MS did trump ps4 easily. The current one both look hideous. The problem is no matter what skin you put on it, they will still look a disaster, and if I try to hide them away in a cabinet, they will probably burn the cabinet down with the heat they will produce. 

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Not sure if this was posted before, but it does look good in that video.  Not too big, not too "out of place" especially in the living room.  If you've a black LED TV/and a dark wall, i think this blends in inconspicuously ! 

Kinda has my attention now :P

Boxes are timeless; never out of place. Yes, they could be boring though. ?

22 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya the previous gen was the best looking I still remember how awed I was with Xbox one S, it was so compact so beautiful and my current gears edition XOX looks brilliant. 

Even PS4 pro had an elegance, though design wise MS did trump ps4 easily. The current one both look hideous. The problem is no matter what skin you put on it, they will still look a disaster, and if I try to hide them away in a cabinet, they will probably burn the cabinet down with the heat they will produce. 

I never quite liked the X1S because of It's all white design. X1X on the other hand... ?

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

I miss the gigantic shows , everything scattered is so difficulty to keep up with and so underwhelming. I miss E3 ,this being the launch year even more so.

Even I miss E3. But I'm only talking about 2020. You know, stuck at home and all.

8 minutes ago, -13- said:

Boxes are timeless; never out of place. Yes, they could be boring though. ?

Yeah. One won't feed bad putting some decal, or skins or stickers on this. Take off the metallic covers and spray paint once the warranty. On the other hand, the PS5 looks like a bad special edition console made for a new Star Wars game or something. Gimmicky.

These consoles are so much more powerful than what current-gen were at their launch, you can't bend the laws of physics and also make them compact like PS4 and 1S. And nobody likes huge VCRs like launch Xbone, so they try to go fancy with the shape.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

These consoles are so much more powerful than what current-gen were at their launch, you can't bend the laws of physics and also make them compact like PS4 and 1S. And nobody likes huge VCRs like launch Xbone, so they try to go fancy with the shape.

And in the process looked at Ali express for inspiration. Search filter being all consoles that are less then 50$ :roflroll:

I like that Sony went bold with PS5. While i lile the current colour scheme, all black would look even more awesome.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

I like that Sony went bold with PS5. While i lile the current colour scheme, all black would look even more awesome.

Sure, till then..

625e62242980000b1b3afb422d371f39.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1