The Xbox Series X|S thread

9 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

One X applied 4k resolution and all to BC games.

Ok so you are talking about BC games, meaning 360 and before.

For a game like RDR2 (its current gen game, not BC), we have XOneS version and XOneX version right? Which one does XSS play? 

12 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

For a game like RDR2 (its current gen game, not BC), we have XOneS version and XOneX version right? Which one does XSS play? 

RDR2 would run in BC mode so it applies to that as well. Also the 1X versions didn't just have 4K boost, they had better AA, better texture quality, better lighting, better LOD and usually better framerate. FH4 for eg ran at 1080p/30, if PG doesn't patch it its going to run at 1080p/30 on XSS. The base 1S spec straight up runs the worst version of most current gen games, and its going to stay that way unless re-patched.

22 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

RDR2 would run in BC mode so it applies to that as well. Also the 1X versions didn't just have 4K boost, they had better AA, better texture quality, better lighting, better LOD and usually better framerate. FH4 for eg ran at 1080p/30, if PG doesn't patch it its going to run at 1080p/30 on XSS. The base 1S spec straight up runs the worst version of most current gen games, and its going to stay that way unless re-patched.

Yeah that is what i too understood but @WhiteWolf was stating otherwise i.e. only restricted to old BC games.

So XSX can run RDR2 with OneX enhancements but not XSS. which tells where the XSS stands. 

23 minutes ago, AnK said:

XBoneX weaker or stronger doesn’t even change the fact that it’s not going to be in the picture 2 years down the line 

BC is BC 

& Next Gen games will be Next f**ckin Gen 

If SeriesS can’t handle BC the way OneX can 

how the f**k is it going to manage next gen games for next 10 years with an 8gb RAM 

ab ki baar khali Xbots ka he nahi puri core/hardcore community ka kaata hai 

#boycotS

Not necessarily. If 3rd party devs feel its a PITA to optimise for series S, they will simply let it die with shitty ports.

31 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Yeah that is what i too understood but @WhiteWolf was stating otherwise i.e. only restricted to old BC games.

So XSX can run RDR2 with OneX enhancements but not XSS. which tells where the XSS stands. 

XSS is a 1440p machine for 299$. Its not made for enthusiastic hardcore gaming crowd. Person who bought One X to play 4k games will buy seriesX not S, that would be stupid imo.

Series S GPU is faster and newer but due to less memory bandwidth it cant do 4k in many games unless you make some sacrifice else where

XSS stands above Xbox one and One S in every department and above One X every department except memory bandwidth based on specs.

Problem is we haven't seen many games in action and we judging based on specs and what posted on Twitter. 

So if what you saying is right or im right can only be proven once console out and comparison is made by DF n all.

Edited by WhiteWolf

39 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

RDR 2 comes under BC games for seriesX and S.

RDR2 on Series S should run better than One S without any drops and load faster thanks to better cpu and ssd while applying improved texture filtering, higher and Auto HDR  that MS promised in their press release, at same One S resolution that is 892p. 4k enhancements that game received on One X will not be there on seriesS

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

RDR2 is a beast, I am hoping for a SX and PS5 patch to run it even better on the next Gen or call it a remaster exactly how GTA V came on current gen. Knowing RockStar they will sell it as a standalone game....

Avoiding this thread from last two days, became kinda boring.

Anyone, who is seriously interested in XSS, should wait for gameplay videos to come out out, truly repping the XSS hardware.

Remedy devs should have XSS devkit by now, in fact even the consoles which will hit retail.

Even MS shouldn't take them lightly, as they hold key to the game which has potential to become big.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Nioh is Team Ninja 

didn’t you know?!? 

Bungie went multiplatform & created spiritual successor to Halo 

& Halo is biting dust....you along with all xbots spewed hatred on them at the start of this gen. 

but obviously you won’t remember that now 

Epic no longer making Gears for Xbox 

& preferentially wants PS5 to showcase UE5 

Remedy tried all their luck with Xbox but Xbots never bought AW or QB 

now you say Control is broken 

c’mon man 

man up

Take a chill & go to sleep ? 

Halo is good.

Craigfinite may be undeserving of being system seller baller exclusive, but i think it also will be good.

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Am just going to throw out a verbal warning since you guys have been around for years. But next time this kind of posts will lead to ban. 

Keep it civil. Don't like, don't post. Simple as that. 

Dont you think its misleading from MS to call Series S a true next gen console? 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Nioh is Team Ninja 

didn’t you know?!? 

Bungie went multiplatform & created spiritual successor to Halo 

& Halo is biting dust....you along with all xbots spewed hatred on them at the start of this gen. 

but obviously you won’t remember that now 

Epic no longer making Gears for Xbox 

& preferentially wants PS5 to showcase UE5 

Remedy tried all their luck with Xbox but Xbots never bought AW or QB 

now you say Control is broken 

c’mon man 

man up

Take a chill & go to sleep ? 

Bungie is now cozy with MS again.  Destiny 2 deal with Beyond light dayone on game pass shows that Bungie and MS relationship healthy.

As far Gears in concerned, then idk if you remember but after success of Fortnite, Epic was done with Gears. So to avoid franchise to go in closet forever MS bought it and Epic sold it. Why would Epic sell franchise if they hate MS? UE5 was showcase for PS5 lol. You do realise all newly acquired Xbox studios using UE 5, right? Its multiplatform engine not designed keeping PS5 in mind.

Remedy is still making games for Xbox and CrossFire X campaign exclusively for Xbox. How this equates to Remedy hating MS?:scratchchin:

My rant towards Remedy was my personal. It was mainly for Control and how poorly optimised it was on consoles. I still bought it and completed the game unlike you. So my rant is totally justify. Remedy dropped ball big time in technical department with Control. Seriously play the game and let me know if frame rate problem there or not.

I don't hate Remedy, i will still play whatever they make though lol

23 minutes ago, AnK said:

So were numerous other games 

but they got reviewed with post release fixes in mind 

but Days Gone didn’t 

Well Days Gone is a wonderful game but controlling DSJ felt clunky through and through. 7.5/8 max.

45 minutes ago, AnK said:

So were numerous other games 

but they got reviewed with post release fixes in mind 

but Days Gone didn’t 

It had issues during launch but when I played it, i was absolutely fine. Also I consider Days gone VO better than GOT or even Death stranding.

Lot of people seem pissed at Series S only because it is being sold as a "next gen" machine by MS. If you ignore the MS media hype, and look at it as a minor console refresh, it is a good deal. For a consumer who wants to try out gaming to pass time with friends, or alone, this is an undeniable stepping stone. Avg consumer dont care for tflops. They care about the games their friends are playing or what are they getting, seemingly, for free. And at $25/month, 100 games and online gaming dont sound bad at all. In fact, it has the same price as One S, but is better than One S in every aspect (except the disk space and optical drive, of course). I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that they had analysed the usage pattern of XOne All Digital owners and seen a spike in game pass subscriptions which convinced them of this pricing and positioning strategy.

India pricing of the Series S, on the other hand, is batsh**t crazy. How could One S cost $299 in the US and 24K in India just before the Series S leak (I think I even saw some listings at 21K a few months back), but Series S is 35K for the same 299 price tag.