Ghost of Tsushima

Heaven Angel

17 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

This game makes me feel good about buying an OLED. Full-on paisa vasool of the TV. The night-time graphics (both cutscenes and realtime) are *chef's kiss*

And playing on Resolution mode is certainly better. Not by much, though.

It gets better

43 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

PS4 Pro resolution and fps mode have difference in textures or particles or anything other than resolution afaik. 

Videos shows the difference 

gif is actually incorrectly made. They should have compared to the next screen. They wrongly conpared to the previous screen, a mode which doesn’t need to exist on ps5 

means ps5 can run ps4 pro resolution mode in 60fps, why would it bother with PS4 pro fps mode

Edited by 0verlord

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

This. 

DF just isn't as straightforward as they used to be. Ever since their pathetic defense of HI demo last year, I just can't believe everything they say, I end up watching nxgamer and elanalistasdebits to get a clearer picture. 

DF bad when they criticize PS and good when they praise PS games? 

You allbKeep moving goal post to your liking i see.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://hard-drive.net/dying-gamer-uses-last-breath-to-recommend-ghost-of-tsushima-if-you-havent-played-it/

Ghost is universally beloved and for some its very special 

lol such BS

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

DF is great for you that's good. But if someone disagrees and prefers some other channel over DF, it doesn't make them an xbot or a pony. 

I better not see you, Ank or anyone of you hating DF here post any DF article again about Xbox or any game. If you truly dislike DF then never post their videos or article regarding any game. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://hard-drive.net/dying-gamer-uses-last-breath-to-recommend-ghost-of-tsushima-if-you-havent-played-it/

Ghost is universally beloved and for some its very special 

still looking for ‘satire’ or ‘humor’ in the URL.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I better not see you, Ank or anyone of you hating DF here post any DF article again about Xbox or any game. If you truly dislike DF then never post their videos or article regarding any game. 

We mostly do it coz 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Photos & Evidence can’t lie you know 

• Haha 2

Some people mad at DF cause they said upgrades not worth it and that’s not what they wanted to hear … 

There is no backlash when they praise Sony ie demon souls, SM MM and RNC from Sony fanboys … but there is backlash from Xbox fanboys …

similarly, opposite thing happens when they praise Xbox game…

Even more funny is when fanboys post screenshots from YouTube videos to prove their point???

Edited by hsk_colossus
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

DF bad when they criticize PS and good when they praise PS games? 

You allbKeep moving goal post to your liking i see.

DF wasn't bad when they said XB1X was performing better than PS4Pro, because it was true and looking at the difference it didn't feel like they're picking a side, they were saying things as they were. Unfortunately, after multiple weird a*s takes recently, I'm not so sure about their fairness anymore, not saying they are completely bad. But clearly this is my point of view, so what bothered you? Calling their HI excuse pathetic? Because it was and look at HI now, so much better comparatively.

20 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Once again, not saying they are all bad, just that some of their reasoning is questionable imo. Wouldn't you say its better to have a look at multiple perspectives than putting one channel at the pedestal? Especially when one of them seems dodgy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Sony delivered what was promised. 4k, 60fps, Japanese lip sync, dualsense support etc.

They never promised remaster.

Competition might be providing 120 fps, ray tracing modes for free. But that doesn't binds Sony to do the same.

Also DF is just saying what they are seeing. If they were lying, it would be very easy to prove since everyone has the game.

3 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

Some people mad at DF cause they said upgrades not worth it and that’s not what they wanted to hear … 

There is no backlash when they praise Sony ie demon souls, SM MM and RNC from Sony fanboys … but there is backlash from Xbox fanboys …

similarly, opposite thing happens when they praise Xbox game…

Even more funny is when fanboys post screenshots from YouTube videos to prove their point???

Lol yup pretty much

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

DF wasn't bad when they said XB1X was performing better than PS4Pro, because it was true and looking at the difference it didn't feel like they're picking a side, they were saying things as they were. Unfortunately, after multiple weird a*s takes recently, I'm not so sure about their fairness anymore, not saying they are completely bad. But clearly this is my point of view, so what bothered you? Calling their HI excuse pathetic? Because it was and look at HI now, so much better comparatively.

Once again, not saying they are all bad, just that some of their reasoning is questionable imo. Wouldn't you say its better to have a look at multiple perspectives than putting one channel at the pedestal? Especially when one of them seems dodgy?

343 in one of their dev updates mentioned that DF were quite right with their analysis of HI and one of the reasons the objects were looking flat is because of their Global Illumination system. They said that it was still a WIP and they have since updated it.

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

343 in one of their dev updates mentioned that DF were quite right with their analysis of HI and one of the reasons the objects were looking flat is because of their Global Illumination system. They said that it was still a WIP and they have since updated it.

Sure, but objects looking flat was just one of the many problems with that demo. DF didn't bother with anything else and Battaglia gave some explanation about shadows and illumination being the culprit behind everything.

P.S. This thread is going out of scope, I said DF isn't as trustworthy to me as they used to be and I stand by it. Kapish :)

2 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Sure, but objects looking flat was just one of the many problems with that demo. DF didn't bother with anything else and Battaglia gave some explanation about shadows and illumination being the culprit behind everything.

Because the entire video was centered around lighting IIRC. He just wanted to give an explanation of what causes people to use the particular word 'flat' when describing a game's graphics (in this case Halo Infinite's) and how lighting is one of the major causes behind that.

It was a great video that gives you insight into how much good lighting can improve the look of a game. The video gets too much undue hatred IMO.