Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Yaha mai subah ka IMAX show dekh ke aa gaya. Snoozefest. Faaltu ka hype hai. Not my type of movie. Bale is still my favorite batman.

Bale minus throat cancer voice = best batman

I know its supposed to be a bit low and raspy but still :P

Edit: He's my favourite batman too. the only others I've seen are Keaton and Affleck, not my style. Either of them.

Hyped for Pattinson though!

Edited by North

19 hours ago, North said:

Bale minus throat cancer voice = best batman

I know its supposed to be a bit low and raspy but still :P

Edit: He's my favourite batman too. the only others I've seen are Keaton and Affleck, not my style. Either of them.

Hyped for Pattinson though!

In the interval now. Pattinson is the best live action Batman by a mile. 

The opening scene is one of the best ever. It's one of those scenes people will spin up even 10 years down the line when they're itching for bite sized Batman. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

In the interval now. Pattinson is the best live action Batman by a mile. 

The opening scene is one of the best ever. It's one of those scenes people will spin up even 10 years down the line when they're itching for bite sized Batman. 

Exactly. Pattinson delivered and suprised me.

The end gets a bit mucky but it's Arkham Batman throughout.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Exactly. Pattinson delivered and suprised me.

The end gets a bit mucky but it's Arkham Batman throughout.

Yup there were pacing issues but on the whole, amazing movie. Proper noir stuff. 

A+ acting and plus points for Nirvana

Solid 8.4/10

Would look amazing on an oled. Saw it in Imax but was missing the inky blacks and HDR. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Would look amazing on an oled. Saw it in Imax but was missing the inky blacks and HDR. 

Was feeling the same during the movie.

Need to wait for Bluray.

The Batman was great, very long halloweenish. Pattinson delivered! The thing I didnt like was his emo makeup & hair style, but it did fit the tone of the movie though.

The visuals were so artsy, felt like  reading through a graphic novel!  And the first 10mins is godsend for bat nerds 

❤️

Edited by Ram Dante

19 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

The Batman was great, very long halloweenish. Pattinson delivered! Only thing I didnt like was his emo makeup & hair style, but it did fit the tone of the movie though.

The visuals were so artsy, felt like  reading through a graphic novel!  And the first 10mins is godsend for bat nerds 

❤️

I love how emo and angsty Batman was. That with the Nirvana background score and just the overall grimy visuals gave it such a grunge vibe which really is my favourite vibe. 

Loved the movie! Superb fan-service for the comic fans.

Loved the performances, especially by Zoë Kravitz and Paul Dano.

Matt Reeves has created THE PERFECT iteration of Gotham City, IMO. Felt like a complete world on it's own which can eventually have future movies/shows based on this rich, amazing, lore-filled version of Gotham. I know there are 2 upcoming series (one based on Jim Gordon and the other one on The Penguin), but I really hope WB let Matt make a second movie.

I liked how Bruce kinda evolves (re: matures) during the course of the movie, too!

Also, the character of the cameo towards the end of the movie is confirmed by Matt Reeves himself. Check IGN's YT for it.

The background score is Zimmer-level, if not better. Brilliantly done!

And yeah, it'll look mind-bogglingly good on an OLED. Can't wait for a digital release!

4 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Loved the movie! Superb fan-service for the comic fans.

Loved the performances, especially by Zoë Kravitz and Paul Dano.

Matt Reeves has created THE PERFECT iteration of Gotham City, IMO. Felt like a complete world on it's own which can eventually have future movies/shows based on this rich, amazing, lore-filled version of Gotham. I know there are 2 upcoming series (one based on Jim Gordon and the other one on The Penguin), but I really hope WB let Matt make a second movie.

I liked how Bruce kinda evolves (re: matures) during the course of the movie, too!

Also, the character of the cameo towards the end of the movie is confirmed by Matt Reeves himself. Check IGN's YT for it.

The background score is Zimmer-level, if not better. Brilliantly done!

And yeah, it'll look mind-bogglingly good on an OLED. Can't wait for a digital release!

I mean there can be zero doubts on that cameo. It's coming, boys. 

Sequel's coming for sure. This one was too good. Afaik this movie is part of a trilogy. 

This is what DC should've been about from the start. I don't see why Pattinson's Batman can't go canon at this point. Too good to pass on. 

Also I do agree on the character development. 

37 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

So many different opinions , did you all see the same movie :lol:

majority who seen it are loving it. I’m hyped myself, got tickets booked for tomorrow 

• Like 1

Watched the batman , pattinson did feel like a proper comic book version angry batman . that elevator scene was so freaking good. but the movie was way too slow, some parts way too stretched. this could easily be a 150 min movie instead of 170 min. riddler was om point too.

If you are going to cinema thinking it would be one of those marvel blow city up and joke about it movie. this aint for you.

Hope this gets a sequel . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So many different opinions , did you all see the same movie :lol:

I loved it but can understand why someone wouldn't like it. This trailer gives a pretty good approximation of how entire movie is. Music, colour palette carries entire movie. 

Only issue is towards end there was pacing issue and director didn't know how to end it. Still a special movie.