Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Since we're a on a referral topic, I work for a Cloud Data platform and they have multiple openings in Architect and Sales area. Do let me know if any of you are from similar field. Location is Pune/B'lore. 

PS: Not doing it for referral or something but to help fellow members as they provide good ESPP/RSU/Bonus/Compensation. 

2 hours ago, Da Gabru said:

Since we're a on a referral topic, I work for a Cloud Data platform and they have multiple openings in Architect and Sales area. Do let me know if any of you are from similar field. Location is Pune/B'lore. 

PS: Not doing it for referral or something but to help fellow members as they provide good ESPP/RSU/Bonus/Compensation. 

Now this is a deal.

44 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Now this is a deal.

I work for a financial services company, in the domain of AI/ML. Our group is expanding and frequently hires for freshers & 2yr+ experience. 

Pay is good, timings are very flexible, Gurgaon.

Good amount of research and patent opportunities available here.

Will be happy to help a fellow out too. Doesn't matter the referral.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Da Gabru said:

10 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I work for a financial services company, in the domain of AI/ML. Our group is expanding and frequently hires for freshers & 2yr+ experience. 

Pay is good, timings are very flexible, Gurgaon.

Good amount of research and patent opportunities available here.

Will be happy to help a fellow out too. Doesn't matter the referral.

Take the discussion here guys

Apple experts , quick help.

I am trying to buy Macbook Air on behalf of someone on Amazon. i see the price as 84K for m1, 8GB, 256. Same config I see on Apple site for 93K. Assuming both are same version and 2020 model correct?

Also i hear about student discounts on the forum. is it only applicable on Apple website? How much is the discount, generally?

3 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I am trying to buy Macbook Air on behalf of someone on Amazon. i see the price as 84K for m1, 8GB, 256. Same config I see on Apple site for 93K. Assuming both are same version and 2020 model correct?

Also i hear about student discounts on the forum. is it only applicable on Apple website? How much is the discount, generally?

Apple website always quotes more. It’s the same product on Amazon. The student discounts are on the Apple website only. They’re usually 15% off but sometimes they give free AirPods instead. You’ll have to check the current offer. You’ll also need a valid student email ID provided by the university 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

10% discount on M1 via student offer. 

1 minute ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Apple website always quotes more. It’s the same product on Amazon. The student discounts are on the Apple website only. They’re usually 15% off but sometimes they give free AirPods instead. You’ll have to check the current offer. You’ll also need a valid student email ID provided by the university 

Thank you. Will check with a friend on student ID. but seems like price for purchasing on Apple website + student discount >  amazon + bank discount.  Glad to know its the same model.

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

Thank you. Will check with a friend on student ID. but seems like price for purchasing on Apple website + student discount >  amazon + bank discount.  Glad to know its the same model.

Yeah, it’s cheaper to get from Amazon. The few people I know who’ve purchased from Apple directly do it for products like AirPods or Apple Pencil that offer an engraving option. 

8 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Yes. 93K is the base model M1 Air. 10% discount on top of that, if you're a student. Applies to any RAM or SSD upgrades as well if you decide to spec it up.

Apple sometime does promotions for free airpods. I used that offer myself, it is above and beyond this 10%, but also only valid for students if I'm not mistaken. 

That offer definitely is pretty good, worth taking up.

54 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

With 10% discount, I paid 83.6k on Apple website using student offer, also got Airpods 2nd gen free which I sold for 10k as I already have Airpods pro. So, in total with Student offer and Airpods, it costed me 73.6k. You won’t find it cheaper than this on any other website.

35 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

With 10% discount, I paid 83.6k on Apple website using student offer, also got Airpods 2nd gen free which I sold for 10k as I already have Airpods pro. So, in total with Student offer and Airpods, it costed me 73.6k. You won’t find it cheaper than this on any other website.

Base air M1 was 70k in BBD sale.