PlayStation vs Xbox thread

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Switch is such a useless console unless you just really like arcade games. Just get it, play botw and sell it on TP or olx. 

We felt the same way about Xbox before:hi:

Nintendo as a Company puts too much weight though, showoffs. I hate Companies that exploit customer loyalty.

Edit: I have never understood why Companies release subpar cr@p ports of awesome AAA games on switch though. Are Nintendo fanboy's masochists?:bandit:

Edited by kmkaks

Just now, kmkaks said:

Nintendo as a Company puts too much weight though, showoffs.

I'm speaking from experience though. 

Played botw. I was like wow, so cool. 

Mario Odyssey was meh. Like ok it's wonderfully made but I don't wanna play a platformer and it's not thaaat great. 

Then there was nothing much that grabbed me and it was just a portable indie machine. 

It's great for some co op fun but not much else with its endless catalogue of arcade games. Like, dude, these games still have rudimentary grunts as the primary method of communication. 

All games I played just felt like extremely polished retro games. 

I wouldn't even have it right now if my cousins and sister didn't play on it regularly. 

People really talk about the diversity of Ninty games but 90% of it is just party games of different kinds. 

I'm not even an oldie so these games have no nostalgia value for me. 

9 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

Nintendo as a Company puts too much weight though, showoffs. I hate Companies that exploit customer loyalty.

Edit: I have never understood why Companies release subpar cr@p ports of awesome AAA games on switch though. Are Nintendo fanboy's masochists?:bandit:

It just hits different at portable, lol. 

Enjoy playing Doom at 540p 30 fps on Switch's dogshit 720p low brightness reflective screen while out and about. 

12 minutes ago, kmkaks said:

The sales figures. Switch has sold more than the sales of all all 4 generations of xboxes combined. 

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

The sales figures. Switch has sold more than the sales of all all 4 generations of xboxes combined. 

All those sales were to boomers so they could feel young again or actual kids or suckers like me who got duped by said boomers. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

don't think switch is close to PS4 numbers or else olx and cex would have been flooded with used copies of used switch games. 

Yeah its probably lower. It still sold a fkton last year during pandemic, to the point that grey market stock was rarely ever sitting on the shelf.

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Quoting ex Nintendo ceo here.

GFX alone doesn't make a game interesting. Gameplay does.

Nintendo appeals to kids and adults alike. That reflects in its sales figures.

images - 2021-06-28T204147.653.jpg

Wow ex Nintendo ceo was a mountain. Very cool. Tell him to make real games plz. 

Edited by Mr. Comingle
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

From where did you get that figure 🧐 . Lifetime sales of switch and Xbox 360 are 84.5 and 84 million respectively. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Please don't make up facts. 

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

From where did you get that figure 🧐 . Lifetime sales of switch and Xbox 360 are 84.5 and 84 million respectively. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

Please don't make up facts. 

oopsie :roflroll:

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Add lite to that number as well. Switch means switch+ switch lite. 

It includes lite. You'd know too if you could just click. The reference for the numbers is right there in the same row. 

What a joke, lmao. :roflroll:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Come to think of it, this would be a perfect time for Sony to restart manufacturing their physical disks in India, like they did during the PS3 days. 

Not happening unless region locked consoles return 

I think they should bring them back 

atleast pricing would be more inline with the economies 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

The high pricing is not a factor of increased costs. The marginal cost for manufacturing a game is very low. 

The pricing is a factor of profit maximisation. So the only factor that can drop it is higher profit expectation at lower prices. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

They would get hacked eventually. Atleast online services should charge reguonwise. Like steam does. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

They would get hacked eventually. Atleast online services should charge reguonwise. Like steam does. 

Why? We have ardent fanboys over here absolutely determined to pay more because Sony's games are better than sex. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The high pricing is not a factor of increased costs. The marginal cost for manufacturing a game is very low. 

The pricing is a factor of profit maximisation. So the only factor that can drop it is higher profit expectation at lower prices. 

Inflation in our country(or others) is not related to cost of production of the game 

Games were $60 in 2005 too 

but sold here for like 2k range 

even when subsidisation removed it was like 3-3.5k max 

It’s the increased conversation rate of $$ that has steeply increased pricing for us in particular 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

• CarbonCore changed the title to PlayStation vs Xbox thread
  • Snake locked this topic
  • Assassins Creed unlocked this topic
  • Snake unlocked and locked this topic