The Xbox Series X|S thread

120fps in 4K TV’s have started showing up in affordable space just lately. 
Let alone 3-4 year old 1080p TV’s.

Majority of TV’s in homes (a lot more than majority actually) are not 120fps enabled. 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

My argument still holds genius.

Majority of the TVs, irrespective of resolution, do not support 120fps.

HDMI 2.0 might support 1080p120, but its worthless if the panels are limited to 50-60Hz.

Now, don't try to weasel your way out of this, if you said 'monitors', I wouldn't have argued.

Why would I care about your comment which was not at all related to what I said 

first, learn to read before replying unrelated things randomly 

repeating again what I said for you to comprehend: majority of TVs from past 3-4 years have hdmi 2.0 which has enough bandwidth to support 1080p120 signal. This is a fact

now you can go ahead with whatever stupidity that you want but try to be relevant when replying to people 

7 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Why would I care about your comment which was not at all related to what I said 

first, learn to read before replying unrelated things randomly 

repeating again what I said for you to comprehend: majority of TVs from past 3-4 years have hdmi 2.0 which has enough bandwidth to support 1080p120 signal. This is a fact

now you can go ahead with whatever stupidity that you want but try to be relevant when replying to people 

Are you...are you seriously trying to weasel your way out of that one?!

You telling people to be relevant when your argument makes no sense here. Nobody said hdmi 2.0 doesn't support 1080p120, so why are you so pissed?! I said that support is meaningless with TVs having 60Hz panels, which is also a fact.

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Are you...are you seriously trying to weasel your way out of that one?!

You telling people to be relevant when your argument makes no sense here. Nobody said hdmi 2.0 doesn't support 1080p120, so why are you so pissed?! I said that support is meaningless with TVs having 60Hz panels, which is also a fact.

Just ignore him and move on. No point wasting your time..

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 8:48 PM, VelivolusDas said:

Is the PS5 + Series S a good option for someone who doesn't have a PC for the "best of both worlds" thing? Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Series S.

Frankly Series S is over-priced here IMO. 35k for a 1080p console in 2021 is far too much. Best is to get either PS5 + XSX or PS5 + PC (If you already have PC that is; don't get the over-priced 30xx cards for now - unless you get it from rptech). Gamepass for PC is good too.

• Like 1

Guys I am more cut out for casual gaming now, hardly get time to play. How better is Series S compared to One X, is there a noteworthy gain. I was thinking of getting the Series X, but not sure if I will be able to use that much horse power. Series S i should be able to source for around 23K.

4 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Guys I am more cut out for casual gaming now, hardly get time to play. How better is Series S compared to One X, is there a noteworthy gain. I was thinking of getting the Series X, but not sure if I will be able to use that much horse power. Series S i should be able to source for around 23K.

If you have a 4k tv then series x is a better option. No matter how little you play it should look good IMO.

Series S has lower graphics ,below 1080p in some games to hit 60fps. Less internal memory also 512Gb. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, triggr happy ss said:

If you have a 4k tv then series x is a better option. No matter how little you play it should look good IMO.

Series S has lower graphics ,below 1080p in some games to hit 60fps. Less internal memory also 512Gb. 

Ya all three tv are 4K, ya guess will just get the series X and sell off the one X

14 minutes ago, AtheK said:

OLED needs a SX, Series S won't be able to juice out all that high res that TV delivers.. 

Series S is still OK if you are just into Casual gaming.. It will support all the newer games on Gamepass which will soon fade away from One X, so thats an advantage and you can sell the One X for 20K~

If you are happy with Series S - use it or can always sell it here for 25K if you are sourcing it for 23K.. 

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Welcome to old (and responsible) age, pal. :samui:

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Welcome to old (and responsible) age, pal. :samui:

Ya man, got old sometime back realizing it more and more now :sadbye:

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

OLED needs a CX, Series S won't be able to juice out all that high res that TV delivers.. 

Series S is still OK if you are just into Casual gaming.. It will support all the newer games on Gamepass which will soon fade away from One X, so thats an advantage and you can sell the One X for 20K~

If you are happy with Series S - use it or can always sell it here for 25K if you are sourcing it for 23K.. 

Ya makes sense.

Edited by AtheK

12 minutes ago, AtheK said:

I am / was in the same boat as you . Only do casual gaming as i also don't get much time to play.  

I recently decided to switch to Series S and will be selling off my One X .

Gain is huge in terms of loading times . My XB1X takes 2/3 minutes to loads newer games like Avengers . While Series S does it in less than 30 seconds .

The quick resume feature is just too good . The extra horsepower ( CPU ) definitely helps while playing newer games .

Also Series S does a pretty good job of upscaling to 4k . So games still look good on OLED's . Of course the resolution will suffer on more demanding games in future but when you play casually it won't matter that much I beleive. Also at 23k it's a no brainer to get Series S .

I also recently purchased for 24.5k .  

• Like 2