The Xbox Series X|S thread

So yesterday, I turned on XSX and forgot to remove the pillow cover I use to cover it while it’s unplugged. 
Switched it on with the controller, so didn’t notice it at all. 

Was wearing headphones and played Halo for about 30 mins, so didn’t notice the fan working at over speed.

It got really hot and continued to blow out hot air for about 20 mins before cooling down after I removed the cloth. 
Scary experience.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

So yesterday, I turned on XSX and forgot to remove the pillow cover I use to cover it while it’s unplugged. 
Switched it on with the controller, so didn’t notice it at all. 

Was wearing headphones and played Halo for about 30 mins, so didn’t notice the fan working at over speed.

It got really hot and continued to blow out hot air for about 20 mins before cooling down after I removed the cloth. 
Scary experience.

Should have cooked an egg quickly before removing cover as a gaming snack 😋

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Gonna try this on XSX. 

Same, on XSX. #represent 

• Haha 4

Is there a point to the walking segment of Matrix Awakens (after the shooting section), or is it just "free roam till you're bored with nothing to do"? Game is pretty - yes. I can easily see them dropping resolution a bit to introduce unlocked 60 fps here though. Don't think it will be that much of a burden.

UE 5 is great. But we are yet to see what it's really capable of. I want to see how 50+ hour RPGs will look and play like in UE5 before passing judgements.

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Is there a point to the walking segment of Matrix Awakens (after the shooting section), or is it just "free roam till you're bored with nothing to do"? Game is pretty - yes. I can easily see them dropping resolution a bit to introduce unlocked 60 fps here though. Don't think it will be that much of a burden.

UE 5 is great. But we are yet to see what it's really capable of. I want to see how 50+ hour RPGs will look and play like in UE5 before passing judgements.

If it was 60 i would have praised it. But at 30 no big deal plus you cant go inside any of the buildings.  GTA V on PC with some insane graphics mods and ray tracing can look as good at 60 fps lol.

Im talking about buildings and city details not character models n all.

Edited by WhiteWolf

24 minutes ago, roun90 said:

These guys did a decent job of covering the walking segment and give you an idea of what to try until DF do their breakdown. There are lots of settings you can play with, try the fly mode, for 25GB it almost feels like a full game, if you add missions and some cutscenes and stretch the game to around 60-70GB, you get a very futuristic and something far better than any eye candy modern open world games. The last time something like this blew my mind and is going to release as a actual game is beyond good and evil 2.

It’s just free roam with no activity of any sort. 

I don’t think a game can have RT reflections,RT shadows & all sorts of high end fidelity features available & then expected to run at 60fps on PS5 & SX. 

Only reason SS version is more stable coz it’s 720p at times & has worse RT reflections(in proportion) & no RT shadows. 

Edited by AnK