Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Do tag me when you give your review.

Good set pieces, but like the stupidest story you can imagine. Also dinosaurs in cities does not gel well. They just look so much better in forests/islands. 

Edit: Alan, Ellie and Ian are wasted in the movie. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Good set pieces, but like the stupidest story you can imagine. Also dinosaurs in cities does not gel well. They just look so much better in forests/islands. 

Edit: Alan, Ellie and Ian are wasted in the movie. 

Damn

idiot in our cities also stopped top gun maverick screens. So nothing to watch this weekend 

14 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Damn

idiot in our cities also stopped top gun maverick screens. So nothing to watch this weekend 

Well, JW:D isn't that bad. OK for a one time watch. You'll see like a 1000 in your face raptors popularized by JW franchise. 

And they have made a dinosaur out of anything you can think of. 

20220609-192039.jpg

Went for the premiere show last night.. Such a well made and heart touching movie, Charlie (The Dog) steals the show, the chemistry between Charlie and Dharma is next level..  Pet lovers might enjoy it even more.. 

For folks who complain on south movies because of RRR/KGF.. Give this a watch, this is real Pan India movie.. no nonsense no bullshit..

• Like 4

10 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Damn

Same here in Delhi NCR, I was planning to watch it this weekend in 4DX -  but all 4DX and IMAX screens are now for JW:D and the theatres are almost empty. 

4 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

20220609-192039.jpg

Went for the premiere show last night.. Such a well made and heart touching movie, Charlie (The Dog) steals the show, the chemistry between Charlie and Dharma is next level..  Pet lovers might enjoy it even more.. 

For folks who complain on south movies because of RRR/KGF.. Give this a watch, this is real Pan India movie.. no nonsense no bullshit..

Anything for zoophiles?

• Confused 1

Watched JW in Imax, actually enjoyed it a lot. I think its the least offensive of the three even though the sub-plot is hilarious, probably because the old cast is there too. Glad I didn't cancel after the reviews hit. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched RRR yesterday. What an amazing movie, man. One of the best blockbusters I've seen coming out of India. 

Some people said that you need to keep your brains at home. I disagree, you can keep it right where it belongs. I don't think the movie is any more illogical than any other action movie out there. 

It's just pure f**king hype. Very little cringe and downtime compared to say, Bahubali. Just pure f**king hype from the first moment. 

You know that particular type of sound played in Dark Knight for the Batpod where it seems like it just keeps on rising in pitch. The movie is similar, just keeps on getting more hype with every passing scene. 

NTR and Ramcharan completely own their role and I absolutely love the cinematography. Some very competent CGI as well. 

These people earn every single paisa they make. Full commitment. Like that one dance off scene, I normally just skip songs but that one was so much fun. Both the leads actually learnt the moves and poured their heart into unlike Bhai who just flails his arms like a moron. 

Beautiful movie. Absolute 10/10. Regret not watching it in theater. 

True that.

This is one movie i regret not watching in a theater. So many Wow moments. Even liked the cameo by Ajay which actually gelled well with the flow of story. 

Cinematography is such a delight. And dance choreography is next level. That dance off song is favourite of my 2.5 year old son and he watches it everyday. Such nice moves. Watching Ram Charan first time and he is quite talented.

Only if bollywood can learn to make such movies instead of usual crap.

4 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched RRR yesterday. What an amazing movie, man. One of the best blockbusters I've seen coming out of India. 

Some people said that you need to keep your brains at home. I disagree, you can keep it right where it belongs. I don't think the movie is any more illogical than any other action movie out there. 

It's just pure f**king hype. Very little cringe and downtime compared to say, Bahubali. Just pure f**king hype from the first moment. 

You know that particular type of sound played in Dark Knight for the Batpod where it seems like it just keeps on rising in pitch. The movie is similar, just keeps on getting more hype with every passing scene. 

NTR and Ramcharan completely own their role and I absolutely love the cinematography. Some very competent CGI as well. 

These people earn every single paisa they make. Full commitment. Like that one dance off scene, I normally just skip songs but that one was so much fun. Both the leads actually learnt the moves and poured their heart into unlike Bhai who just flails his arms like a moron. 

Yes, most action movies are illogical. But they at least try to keep the action sequences within the limits of believability. Or the background/storyline of the movie let's them breach those levels (Ex: Bahubali, more fantasy/myth like)

But in RRR it was super hero/mythological level of absurd action, with down-to-earth regular humans from British period as the background. 

That was my major problem with RRR, but other than that, it was proper blockbuster material! 

46 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

Yes, most action movies are illogical. But they at least try to keep the action sequences within the limits of believability. Or the background/storyline of the movie let's them breach those levels (Ex: Bahubali, more fantasy/myth like)

But in RRR it was super hero/mythological level of absurd action, with down-to-earth regular humans from British period as the background. 

That was my major problem with RRR, but other than that, it was proper blockbuster material! 

39 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I mean action movies always have indestructible heroes. John Wick isn't any less superhuman than what was shown in RRR

John Wick doesn't leap 10 feet or gets beaten up by 1000s of men and is barely scratched, though. In RRR the suspension of disbelief demanded is way more than John Wick or Nobody. But RRR is still better than most Indian movies. Rather have such movies than the crap bollywood makes.

I think RRR was really good till the third act. They built the waycist villain throughout the movie but he gets defeated kind of easily without putting much of a fight? Also, did NTR Jr. friendzone that British girl? :P  Still enjoyed it more than whatever Bollywood has been churning out lately. Although, I heard Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is decent fun. Waiting for its OTT release!

10 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watch KGF 1&2 next..

5 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

I think RRR was really good till the third act. They built the waycist villain throughout the movie but he gets defeated kind of easily without putting much of a fight? Also, did NTR Jr. friendzone that British girl? :P  Still enjoyed it more than whatever Bollywood has been churning out lately. Although, I heard Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is decent fun. Waiting for its OTT

They built up the protagonists crazily too Ram Charan single handedly beating up 1000 people and Jr NTR facing a tiger with bear hands. No way the villain stood a chance against them :P

46 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Watch KGF 1&2 next..

And Pushpa but it has the same plot as KGF 1 with sandalwood instead.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ram Dante said:

Dude, where's your review of ulaga nayagan's new movie ? Yay / Nay ?