Jump to content

The Playstation 5 thread


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Lol what’s this and other statements doing in the PS5 thread :giggle:

 

15 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

john-travolta-meme.gif

 

Wow, I clicked on Playstation 5 thread, and looks like im in News Thread now, the mods unlocked it finally.

 

:P

 

 

Jimbo happened

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

 


 

Shawn Layden was a great CEO.

I wonder what really is the criteria up at Sony for replacing the positions.

 

They replaced everyone every few years despite them giving Ace performance. 
 

& Ppl like Phil Spencer are getting promoted & businesses being bought to be put under him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AnK said:


 

Shawn Layden was a great CEO.

I wonder what really is the criteria up at Sony for replacing the positions.

 

They replaced everyone every few years despite them giving Ace performance. 
 

& Ppl like Phil Spencer are getting promoted & businesses being bought to be put under him. 

They didn't fire or replace anyone but it was more of a power struggle between their western and European divisions. When Jim Ryan got promoted to Andre house position, hermen hulst became the head of PS studios out of nowhere, both europeans. Layden & a few left soon after that. And tbh as charismatic & smooth talker layden was, Jimbo always had foot in mouth syndrome but somehow he and hulst have done more to boost their first party studios than anyone else in the last decade. Their true test will be when their new studios start shipping games and a few perform below their sales expectations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They didn't fire or replace anyone but it was more of a power struggle between their western and European divisions. When Jim Ryan got promoted to Andre house position, hermen hulst became the head of PS studios out of nowhere, both europeans. Layden & a few left soon after that. And tbh as charismatic & smooth talker layden was, Jimbo always had foot in mouth syndrome but somehow he and hulst have done more to boost their first party studios than anyone else in the last decade. Their true test will be when their new studios start shipping games and a few perform below their sales expectations. 

 

You are forgetting the Japanese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, KnackChap said:

But what exactly are the 2 sides here? I don't follow that news so have no idea. Acc to my incomplete knowledge the 2 sides are...

 

Side a (bad guys) : complete ban on abortion or ban after certain weeks are completed when the foetus is technically alive and has a heartbeat. The law that is applicable in our country too. 

 

Side b (good guys) : should have the freedom to abort anytime before delivery. 

 

Is this correct or am I completely wrong? 

 

Basically the conservatives have gained majority of the Supreme Court in US, and have overturned or about to overturn a long standing Roe vs Wade ruling, that protected a women's right to abortion. It's pretty pathetic, and shame on any top level staff of a MNC to support something so controversial in today's day and age. Women deserve all the rights to their body, which basically what the old white religious males in the US have been trying to control for eons and failing, until now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gamer_adi said:

 

Basically the conservatives have gained majority of the Supreme Court in US, and have overturned or about to overturn a long standing Roe vs Wade ruling, that protected a women's right to abortion. It's pretty pathetic, and shame on any top level staff of a MNC to support something so controversial in today's day and age. Women deserve all the rights to their body, which basically what the old white religious males in the US have been trying to control for eons and failing, until now.

I share your point however we need to see the perspective from the business side especially senior management. Most major companies have policies in place not to have political stances. As we all know, political, religious topics are not permitted in our workplaces. Jimbo never made any stance. He was just trying to address the abortion infighting in his company. 
 

Let’s say that you are the CEO and you support only left or right leaning politics. You would lose out key personnel to successfully run your business. Heavy risk involved. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I share your point however we need to see the perspective from the business side especially senior management. Most major companies have policies in place not to have political stances. As we all know, political, religious topics are not permitted in our workplaces. Jimbo never made any stance. He was just trying to address the abortion infighting in his company. 
 

Let’s say that you are the CEO and you support only left or right leaning politics. You would lose out key personnel to successfully run your business. Heavy risk involved. 

 

He just didn't need to say anything at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

 

Jimbo got himself stuck in a mess with this "solution"

More of a gaffe which will be forgotten in a week or 2. Nowhere at Activision level. 

It’s all about using the right words, phrasing and timing to connect with his employees grievances without taking sides. 

 

Edited by Mysteryman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...